Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mini Me: The Simple Woman's Daybook for Thursday, May 23, 2013

Outside my window …  Birds singing, my windchimes playing their song, and the smell of roses and honeysuckle in the air.

I am thinking...  about summer.  I want it to be a good one.  I survived winter, but I really don’t want to merely survive anything else.

I am thankful... for the ability to read.

In the kitchen...  Beef stir fry with some Brussels sprouts.  I am really enjoying my “new found” food.

I am wearing...
Celebrate Recovery t-shirt and Capri pants.

I am creating... Got several crochet projects going, plus I’ve got a few ideas for painted flower pots.

I am going... To the gym later (I need a nap before I go).

I am wondering...
about myself (as usual J )

I am reading...
Sunday School materials.  I started a new book by Dr. Henry Cloud today called 9 Things You Simply Must Do.  The first couple of chapters left me dumbfounded.  Ever since December, I have felt stuck in one place.  I’m learning ever so slowly how to get unstuck.

I am hoping...
that I’ll have a good week next week.

I am looking forward to... a better mindset.

I am learning… that survival is no way to live.

Around the house... A few chores.

I am pondering...   on how to live out my Christian life the way Jesus showed us how.  I’ve seen that we’ve had this whole thing quite backwards for a long time.  I’ve seen a lot of hate going on and much of it perpetrated by people who label themselves “Christians.”  I’ve also seen a lot of disagreements being misinterpreted as hate.  Since when does disagreeing with someone mean that I hate them?  Could we PLEASE get it together, people?

A favorite quote for today... “Avoidance of risk is the greatest risk of all.” - Dr. Henry Cloud

One of my favorite things... Those papery-blog things called books.  J

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I have no idea.

A peek into my day...  Auntie's "mini me" (my grandniece Kelviona) graduated from kindergarten this week. 
 
 
If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook (http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/) . Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back now, ya' hear. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment