Friday, January 25, 2013

Spoiled Produce: The Simple Woman's Daybook for Friday, Janaury 25, 2013

Outside my window … The dreich Scottish winter has returned temporarily to our southern skies.

I am thinking...
 more and more about California.

I am thankful...
for God’s provision, for a peaceful heart, for opportunities on the horizon.

In the kitchen...
  Salad for lunch and whatever they’re having at CR tonight for dinner.

I am wearing...
Sweatsuit.

I am creating...
I think I’m going to paint something with roses.  Not sure yet, but I think that’s what I’m going to do.

I am going... To see my mentor/accountability team, then to workout, then head over to get a few groceries.

I am wondering...
what’s up with my throat.  I don’t have tonsils anymore, so there is nothing for rampant disease to cling to.  I’m not sick, but I sound like I’ve been gargling with gravel.  Ugh! 

I am (still) reading...
Understanding the Purpose and Power of Prayer by Myles Monroe.   Just read an awesome chapter yesterday about the prayer life of Christ and the even deeper meanings of the Lord’s Prayer.

I am hoping...
that spring is just around the corner.

I am looking forward to...
working a job I love.

I am learning
… not to buy fruit or vegetables out of season no matter how good they look in the box.  Yuk!

Around the house...
going to do one of Fly Lady’s Home Blessing Hours tomorrow.  Haven’t done that in a while, and I’ll be sure to have some boomin’ toons going.  

I am pondering...   the love of God and why we in the church can be so unmerciful and loveless sometimes, especially to ourselves.  I want to share an audio file from a series of messages I taught last year on this very subject.  Enjoy.  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29899706/Player%209_%20%20Love.mp3

A favorite quote for today... Psalm 8:4-5 - What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?  5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

One of my favorite things... Ipod Nano / Classics.  Look, if you know me, you know that I don’t like Apple/Mac products (I’m a PC person).  BUT the Ipod Nano/Classic is the best mp3 player I’ve ever used (No, this is not a paid endorsement, although I wish it was J ).  Mine is hanging in there after being dropped, mashed, sat on, and washed in the washing machine.  I hope it holds out until I can get a new one. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Working out today and tomorrow.  Two church services Sunday and then some much needed rest.  Job hunting, and plowing away at a few more projects.

A peek into my day...

 
(Love this song about God's love)

 If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook (http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/) . Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back now, ya' hear. :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved your preaching on loving oneself. Very inspired and well-presented! For many years, I KNEW you'd be a minister: your faith and discernment are SO good!!! My heart hurts over your struggles; I always pray that God will lead you to where you want to be. I know it will be a good place. Thanks for blessing me with this1!! Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete