Monday, December 17, 2012

Mug Shot: The Simple Woman's Daybook for Monday, December 17, 2012.

Outside my window … A rainy and dreary Monday; what Scottish people call “dreich.”

I am thinking...
 Well, I’m still having my coffee, so I’m still warming up to the idea of thinking. J

I am thankful...
for a roof over my head.

In the kitchen...  Wheat pancakes and eggs for breakfast. Not sure about the rest of the day yet.

I am wearing...
Bedclothes.

I am creating...
Going to try my hand at hand painted greeting cards this week. Not sure how they are going to turn out, but I’m willing to give it a try.

I am going... Nowhere today other than taking my mom to run errands.  It’s wet out and I’m minimizing my time on the road.

I am wondering...
if …only if.

I am reading... The Quiet Little Woman. It’s a trilogy of Christmas short stories by Louisa May Alcott.   

I am hoping...
for a great 2013.

I am looking forward to...
having a job that I love.

I am learning
… that trying to go at life on my own is the worst way to live.

Around the house...
Tidying up and trying to find my Christmas wreaths.

I am pondering...  taking a technology/internet sabbatical. 

A favorite quote for today... "...I guess any attention is good attention for a nutcase!" - Craig Ferguson

One of my favorite things... The laughter of children.  Ain’t nothin’ like it.  J

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Concert with the community band on Tuesday, choir practice on Wednesday, Celebrate Recovery on Friday.  Getting some workouts in.   Not sure what else.

A peek into my day...

[rattlesnake+mug.jpg] 
Yeah, I know it's weird, but I think this mug is cool.
 
If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook (http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/) . Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back now, ya' hear. :)

4 comments:

  1. Craig Ferguson would LOVE your mug!! I'm sure your greeting cards will be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I really want one of those mugs (Ferguson is the best).

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope! the mug reminds of that cartoon special that gave me nightmares...rikki tikki tavi or something like that about a mongoose. Of course Cleopatra might like that mug...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never saw Rikki Tikki Tavi. Yeah, I know the mug is weird, but I think it's cool...and I still want one. :)

      Delete