Sunday, December 17, 2023

Days 24 & 25: Party Bus [40 Days of Gratitude 2023]

Days 23 & 24  

I'm grateful for:

  • Traveling party #1: On Saturday, Emily, Molly, Mama King, and I spent a few hours at IKEA.  We had a great time talking and laughing as we shopped for small items we needed or wanted, ate lunch at the cafe, and dreamt of future decorating projects as we viewed the show rooms.
  • Traveling party #2:  I didn't make it to the ladies' Christmas tea at Jen's church, so she decided to bring the party to me. This afternoon, we made the ornaments that the group made at the tea.  I'd seen various versions of these ornaments on Pinterest and wanted to try them.  Call me cheap, but I didn't want to end up with a buttload of Scrabble tiles that I couldn't use.  Well, these will be perfect for my ever-growing Grinch theme.

  • The teaching style of my pastor.   Along with injecting cultural and historical details into certain elements of his sermons, Pastor Gelinas gives the impression that he is learning right along with the congregation.  In other words, not any time have I felt "preached at."  Rather, the messages feel more like a sharing time of what we're all learning and how we're all growing.
  • I'm finally getting into the swing of things and can now listen to Christmas music.  I think in my attempts to avoid hearing it before Thanksgiving, I got too used to avoiding it.  On my way to and from church, I enjoyed my "'Tis the Season" playlist on Spotify.
  • Carolers.  On Saturday morning there was a group of carolers dressed in Dickensian garb at the King Soopers.  Also, our kids' choir sang carols in the foyer of the church between services today.  So. Much. Fun.
  • Being on teaching sabbatical means no extra work on weekends.  I have time for other fun pursuits for a while.
  • Jacksonville State University won their bowl game.  This is their first season in Conference USA and normally first year members don't participate in post season bowl games. However, their record was good enough for an exception to be made.  #FearTheBeak

No comments:

Post a Comment