Friday, May 28, 2021

Five Minute Friday: "Recover"

Recover - 1) to return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength. 2) to find or regain possession of (something stolen or lost). 

I'm on the road to recovery.
Step by step, day by day.
I'm on the road to recovery,
Trusting God along the way,
Trusting God all the way.

"Road to Recovery" - Rich Muchow

I live in the Denver, Colorado metropolitan area.  Like any other big city, constant road construction is just part of the "highfalutin" package.  For my hometown peeps; they've been working on I-25 in Colorado longer than the section of I-20 that runs between Birmingham, Alabama and Atlanta, Georgia--now do you see why I stay off the interstate. 

Anyway...

There's one stretch of road I have to deal with every Sunday; the intersection of Parker Road and Mississippi Avenue in Aurora.  They've been working on this since 2019 (I think--I've lost track).  The problem is that after all this time, it appears no progress has been made, and for the life of me I can't figure out exactly what they're doing or where this new section is supposed to go.  Whatever it is, CDOT has to either reroute traffic or shut that section down altogether; I never know which one until I'm right up on it (they don't give enough warning for my taste).

My "road to recovery" is looking a lot like Parker and Mississippi right now.  I know what I need it to look like, but I can't seem to get it "built,"and I've been working on it for almost 13 years.  I have to keep rerouting my life or shutting it down altogether to prevent a 20 car pileup.  While the CDOT workers are hopefully taking the holiday weekend off to recharge, I hope my upcoming vacation week will be a chance to regroup and recharge. I'm ready for restoration, a return to good mental and physical health, and to regain those things I have lost.

-----------------------------
In case you missed it:
  

* My last Five Minute Friday post "Broken" is here.
* This week's Hodgepodge post, "Living in America" is here.
*My latest 2021 Flip and Sip Reading Challenge review of Love Does is here.
* My latest Auntie's Workshop post "Finishing and Fixing II" is here.

3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful vacation, Shannon! I hope it's all that you desire, "A chance to regroup and recharge; for restoration, and a return to good mental and physical health."
    Lisa, FMF #28

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your week off gives you the recovery that you need. Visiting from FMF32.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recovery is a hopeful word! I hope you are able to rest and rejuvenate.

    ReplyDelete