Friday, April 26, 2019

Five Minute Friday: "Touch"






Though I can grasp concepts using various learning styles, when it comes to making or building something, my best style is tactile learning.  I can watch all the videos, read all the books, and attend all the classes I want, but until I get my hands dirty, I don't fully grasp the concept. 

The best way for me to determine that someone's supposed affection is genuine if the person is willing to touch me.  Hugs, pats on the back, and firm handshakes affirms a lack of fear or the presence of disingenuous politeness.

Some of my favorite touches:
  • The soft skin of a baby
  • A computer keyboard at the perfect angle
  • Smooth stones
  • The warm sun on my skin
  • The gentle caress of a long shower
  • Lotion - this is a twofer; I like the way it feels on my skin, as well as how it smells
  • The cool breeze of a fan
  • The feel of my favorite pen as it glides across the page.
  • Flower petals
  • The feel of garden soil in my hands

No comments:

Post a Comment