Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Sunny Side Up: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
Did you watch the solar eclipse? Your thoughts? Sun Chips, Moon Pies, Starburst candies, a Blue Moon beer, a Sunkist orange, or a Milky Way candy bar...what's your favorite eclipse related snack on this list?

Nope, I didn't watch the eclipse.  Not to be rude, but by the time it happened, I was so sick of hearing about it, I just wanted the thing over.  Out of the list, I'd say Sun Chips are my favorite eclipse related snack.

What are you 'over the moon' about these days? What's something you enjoy doing every 'once in a blue moon'?

I'm extremely happy I made it to Colorado.  By the way, if you want to read about my trip, I chronicled it here.  I enjoy eating out at a sit-down restaurant once in a blue moon.

Tell us about something in the realm of science that interests you. How do you feed that interest?

Health and nutrition.  At one point in my college career, I considered studying medicine, but changed my mind...or rather...God changed it for me.  Learning all that I can and applying it to my own life is what I do to feed the interest.  I eventually want to study to be certified as a trainer or fitness instructor.  But for now, I'm my own personal trainer.

What are a few things you remember about going back to school as a child?

As I've said in earlier posts, I didn't enjoy school until I was a senior in high school.  I looked forward to going back because of band practice and football season.

I've seen several versions of this around the net so let's make one of our own...share with us five words that touch your soul and briefly tell us why.

In a positive way or negative way?  Well, here goes:

Jesus - the Name that says it all.
Love - This word touches my soul in both a positive and a negative way.
Alone - One of the most painful words to my soul.
Peace - I'm always on the quest for some.
Music - Not just the word, but the thing itself touches me.

Insert your own random thought here.

Well, one week in Colorado down.  Let's see what the next week holds.

3 comments:

  1. Your five words are perfect. I have to say though I disagree with you about sun chips. lol. To each her own, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - sun chips all the way!

    ReplyDelete