Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Door Into Summer: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
What color is prominent in your home? Are you glad about that or wishing you could cover it up or remove it?

Blue.  Fortunately I like the color since I can't change it.

What's something you'll NEVER do again?

If I can help it, I'll never go another event that I'm only invited to in order to bring someone the inviting party really wanted there.  Over the last several years, I've been involved in several events--most of them weddings--where it was obvious I wasn't wanted.  I was there merely to chauffer someone else who they did want.  I don't think people understand how crappy that is or how worthless that makes a person feel.

Tell us a couple of ways you fit the stereotypes associated with your gender, and a couple of ways you don't.

Are you talking negative stereotype or positive?  Let's start with how I don't fit the stereotype.  As much as I love kids, I'm not obsessed with the "mom" thing.  That's more of a societal dictate that all females over the age of 12 should be aiming for nothing but motherhood.  I might know more about cars and computers than the average female.  I play musical instruments that are definitely not feminine (and I don't play them daintily either). 

How I fit the stereotype?  I like pretty things and want to look pretty even thought I can't most of the time.  I worry too much about other people's feelings and needs to the point that I neglect my own.  Although I spent way too many years stifling and packing down my emotions, my concern is that I'll flip over to the complete opposite and become an emotional basket case.

May is Motorcycle Awareness Month. Have you ever owned a motorcycle? Ever ridden a motorcycle? If the opportunity presented itself would you hop on a motorcycle and go for a ride?

I've never driven or owned a motorcycle, but would like to learn to ride, and possibly purchase one someday.  The couple of  times I was on a motorcycle was when my older brother, Marvel, let me ride on the back of his.  When I was a kid, I thought my brother was the coolest dude on the planet because of his bike.  Both of my Pastors, who I consider pretty cool dudes, ride also.

If someone wanted to understand you, what should they read, watch, and listen to?

They would have to read books by Joyce Meyer and Beth Moore, watch Star Trek:  The Next Generation, and listen to Weird Al Yankovic.



What?

Insert your own random thought here.

I believe God is instigating another major shift in my life for the better.  Please pray for me to know what to do and when to do it.  Good things are on the horizon and I don't want to miss any opportunity for positive change.

5 comments:

  1. We were at a graduation ceremony yesterday and the pastor encouraged the graduates to stay focused and connect with Jesus. When you have that focus, things present themselves that you never imagined to be possible. He mentioned taking a Confirmation class on a swimming trip and he thought that was his purpose for being there. In reality, as they were swimming, he heard a voice about 150 feet away: someone was drowning and uttered "help." He was able to hear it over the laughter of kids playing and boats in the distance. That day he saved someone's life. That was his true purpose for being in the situation that day.

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Weird Al! I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you to "know what to do and when to do it."!!! (visiting from hodgepodge)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think prayer and being in God's word help us take the new path He puts before us. I will keep you in my prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some great answers here. Joyce Meyer and Beth Moore have a lot of great things to say and their books are wonderful as well. I think the Lord will be right there by your side, showing you which way to go, whatever the "shift" might be :) Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete