Wednesday, February 1, 2017

White Noise: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
Can you believe it's the end of January? What was the best day of January 2017 for you, and why?
The last day of January.  One, because it puts me closer to spring. Two, because this marks the best mileage month I've ever had.  I walked 85 miles this month.  My old record was 70 miles back in 2015.  Let's hope this is the start of a healthy trend.
What sounds make up the background noise in your life?
 
The whir of a ceiling fan.  A podcast, sermon, or music playing quietly (or sometimes not so quietly).  Cars passing by on our street. Plus, the next door neighbor yelling "Roll Tide!" to our across the street neighbor.  Yeah, I know football season is over, but they do it all year long. It could be worse; they could be Clemson fans. 

I read on the Power of Positivity website a list of ten things to drop from your life right now. They are-anger outbursts, people who put you down, regret, negative self talk, being a people pleaser, the notion you need to be perfect, the past (but keep the lessons learned!), gossip and judgment, comparing yourself to others, and the word hate (focus on what you love instead). Which thing on the list do you most need to drop? Are you trying or will you try?
 
Negative self talk.  It's something I continue to work on.  I think many of the other items on the list lead to negative self talk, so it would be wise for me to drop all of them.
 
What is sacred to you?
 
My relationship with God and everything associated with it is sacred to me.

January is National Oatmeal month. Are you a fan, and if so how do you like it?
 
I loved oatmeal as a child, but now I'm not very fond of it.  Granted, as I child, I ate the flavored instant oatmeal that already came loaded with sugar, and loaded it with more sugar.  I don't know how to make "grown up" oatmeal that doesn't taste like wallpaper paste, so I never eat it anymore.
  
What feelings does twilight stir up in you?
 
The books?  None, at all.  The time of day?  The feelings of tiredness.  Twilight tells me to go to bed.  That worked in the summer when it got dark close to my bedtime; the time change has me fighting sleep at 4:30! 
 
Something you're looking forward to next month?
 
I looked on my calendar to find some unique activities for the month.  This Saturday, the Public Library in Anniston will hold it's winter book sale, plus the Legacy Club will hold a pancake breakfast a few blocks away.  I'm trying to plan some sort of celebration to share at Valentine's Day and Mardi Gras.  We'll see.

Insert your own random thought here.
 
Speaking of libraries...
 
From the YMCA of Calhoun County's Facebook page.
 
Our local United Way placed one of the Little Free Libraries at the YMCA (my workplace).  How cool!  This is another one of those little things I want to do when I have my own house.

2 comments:

  1. Well congratulations on your miles logged, and I hope that continues this next month. I love the little library : ) So cute! Hope you're having a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyce. I hope you're having a relaxing weekend.

      Delete