Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Holly and the Ivy: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Come on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!


Are you more task oriented or people oriented? Elaborate.
I think I'm a good mix of both.  I enjoy being with people (most of the time), but I like to be left alone to complete a task.
December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day...do you own/wear pearls? If you're a man answering the question, does your sweetheart own or wear pearls? Everyone share a 'pearl of wisdom' with us here today.
Nope, no pearls.  A pearl of wisdom?  Here's one I read Monday: "The only one who likes change is a wet baby." - Mark Twain
Speaking of pearls...oysters? Are you a fan or not a fan? If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If you said no, be honest-have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little?
Not really a fan of oysters.  My friend, Suzanne, used to make a smoked oyster dip that I liked.  However, that was before I taught preschool and dealt with a lot of snotty noses.  Sorry, but the boogery texture of oysters causes my stomach to lurch now. 
Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let's take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016?
Pastor Rick Warren should be man of the year.  He and Saddleback Church have done more to help make positive changes in society than any recent politician (federal, state, or otherwise).  Woman of the year?  It's a toss up between Brene' Brown and Beth Moore. 
The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced, and it's a vibrant green aptly named-greenery. Your thoughts? Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade for the new year? Click here to see the color.
It's pretty and would make a great accent color.   However, I don't think it would make it to my wardrobe.  Because I have yellow (bronze) undertones to my skin, I don't look good in most greens and yellows.  I'll most likely include shades of it in various paintings.  Wonder what paints I need to mix to get that exact color? 
Today I've had too much________________________.
Sugar.  I went to my Sunday School class' Christmas party today and had a blast, but I ate too many goodies.
Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.

From O Holy Night:
Truly He taught us to love one another
His law is love and His gospel is peace
Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother
And in His name all oppression shall cease
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
Let all within us praise His holy name
In this, my favorite version of the song, the last line is "Let every heart adore His holy Name."


Insert your own random thought here.
This is NOT a Christmas carol.  Just a fun song I like to hear every Christmas.  Have fun, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment