Thursday, October 15, 2015

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 15: "Laugh"



Ecclesiastes 3:4 - A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

GO!  

The best sound in the world is laughter.  My favorite is the laughter of
children.  They will laugh at anything and laugh at the same thing over and over again.   Yeah, I'm the same way.

I loved making my students laugh by reading them a funny story, making funny voices, or just playing with them, or simply tickling them.  One of my best memories was when we had an imaginary camping trip in our classroom.  I turned on a disco ball light to make stars float on the ceiling.  Something about calling out each color as it went by got all the kids in an uproar of laughter.  We laughed about that for probably an hour.  Good times.

Why is it that we adults stop laughing?  I read somewhere that children laugh exponentially more often than adults.  Have we run out of fun?  Is that that we make fun a special occasion, rather than a part of our daily routine?  Is that why we let life get to us so badly?

Just like the flying I mentioned yesterday, we need to keep laughing. No, it doesn't have to be something vulgar or at someone else's expense.  let's be like my preschoolers and find little pockets of joy every day.

Yes, even in the midst of my darkness, I try to find some laughter, even if it means making others laugh when I can't.

STOP!




4 comments:

  1. Laughter is such a gift of God, and yes I think it helps keep us young! Visiting from FMF#16

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... Monkeys! Haven't heard this one in a long time! Wonderful post, thank you! Keep laughing! (FMF#11)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Thanks for sharing.
    P.S. I've missed seeing you on FMF. Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this reminder, to make it purposeful to laugh. I don't think we do that much. We just wait for it, and maybe it's something we should seek out. Blessings to you. (FMF #27)

    ReplyDelete