Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sheeple: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, May 24, 2015
 

Outside my window …  Beautiful blue skies and a beaming sun giving a summer preview.  Baby it's hot outside.

I am thinking...   About the phrase "getting my life back."  I hear that phrase over and over again with people attempting to change their lives.  I honestly don't get that.  I'm not trying to get my life back; I'm trying to get a life period.  I've spent the first 40 years of my life merely existing with spurts of real living thrown in.  I've done more changing in the past three years than ever.  Several people have said me that this is "my year."  I hope they're right.

I am thankful...  for positive changes in my life.

In the kitchen... I should be getting back to my A-Z challenge this week.  Stay tuned.
 
From the Workshop...  

Nearly got it together.  Just need to finish the sky and the appliques.  You, my dear friends, will get a chance to own this piece of art.  As soon as it's finished, I'll post details here and on my sister blog.

I am reading...   Still working on the same books as last week.  I've had a very hard time concentrating this week, so not much progress has been made.  Hopefully, this week will be better.
 
I am looking forward to...  my birthday.  Saturday, I'm celebrating my 43rd birthday in a different way:

You are cordially invited to join me in the celebration of my 43rd birthday, Saturday, May 30, 2015.  We will celebrate “Taking 33 for 43.”  What is the 33, you ask.  It is the 33 miles of the Chief Ladiga Trail.  The plan is to bike from the connection with the Silver Comet Trail at the Alabama/Georgia line to the end of the trail in Anniston, Alabama.

Ways you can join the celebration:

Join the ride.  Whether you feel comfortable starting at the head of the trail or somewhere along the away, come celebrate with me.  RIDE STARTS AT 8:00 A.M. SHARP!

Cheer me on – location updates will be posted via my personal Facebook page.
 
Pray for me – either because you want me to finish or because you think I’m crazy. :)

I am learning…   that waiting on others will get me nowhere.  I realize that no one should become and island unto himself, however even those who make promises and commitments rarely keep them.  I have to look at where I've sewn seeds of unfaithfulness and endeavor to make them right.  I also have to continue to work on becoming someone to whom it is worth keeping a commitment.
 
Around the house...  other than laundry, nothing much.
 
A favorite quote for today... 

"Let us not fall into the error of letting our passions and carnal appetites ride in triumph while our nobler powers walk in the dust." - Charles Spurgeon

"Never let cares or tribulations separate you from the fact that God loves you." - Oswald Chambers

From The Journey Training:




 
One of my favorite things... 






My sister, Ida, gave this dispenser to me.  She found it at a yard sale and said it reminded her of me.  It's on the sink in the kitchen and cracks me up every time I get soap out of it.







A few plans for the rest of the week:   finishing the blanket, job hunting, celebrating my birthday weekend (or more).  I've got a new toy I need to learn the inner workings of.

A peek into my days... Still trying to recover from my Tulsa trip.  It's been a hard week.  My mind is wanting to do more than my body will allow.  I've been lethargic and easily distracted, bordering on depressive mode.  I believe this week will be much better.

And now for something totally different...

Saw mention of this story on Twitter.  Apparently, the organizers of the Cannes Film Festival have banned from the red carpet women who are not wearing high heels.  Now, I don't care about the festival, nor do I care for break neck high heels either.  However, this is beyond absurd.  What do shoes have to do with a woman's ability to produce films?  How does the height of a shoe heel determine worth?  It's maddening because so many things that should never determine the value of women are what we ladies are told to hold so dear.  Just burns my grits!

Lindenhurst, NY - allegedly, a black family received this letter from an anonymous writer:

Photo via Facebook

First, is this even real?  If it isn't, shame on the family for race baiting--that kind of crap is getting old.  Stop hunting for racism where there is none. Second, if it is real, notice where this is coming from. Not Alabama, not Mississippi, nowhere in the southern United States; New York.  So those who keep thinking the that South is the only part of the country with racist, misogynistic, homophobes, try again.  Third, even if it is real, I say ignore it.  The writer didn't have the balls to sign it, so I equate it to a laptop gangster who's very brave behind an avatar and a fake name, but in reality is a sniveling, limp wristed, panty wasted, coward.  If the family moves somewhere else or walks around in fear, then the coward wins.

St. Louis, MO - Fredbird, the St. Louis Cardinals mascot stirs up internet fury with this photograph:

Photo via Fox News Insider

















There were both supporters and opponents of the photo.  Here's my problem; why is this even controversial?  Only a criminal or an idiot would think that police lives don't matter.  For the handful of rogue cops, there are thousands of respectful public servants who really do "protect and serve."  As the truth of many of these high profile police brutality cases are brought out and race ends up not even being a factor, many people simply ignore the facts because they want to keep mess stirred up.  Those of us who wait for facts, look at both sides of an issue, and actually use our heads for something other than a hat rack are called "sheeple."  No, those who don't care about facts and let the media tell them what to think and how to think by making the major minor and vice versa are the real "sheeple." 

People were saying this sign was racist.  How?  Have you never seen a black, Latino, or Asian police officer?  These are the same fools who just pee themselves is someone says "white lives matter," "Latino lives matter," or "unborn lives matter" (gasp).  Grow up people!  ALL LIVES MATTER!  This is not the 1960's; it's 2015.  Fight the real racism and forget this other garbage!

 

From Twitter:  @WeirdHorse tweeted;  "Just got turned away from #Cannes2015 for having hooves. This is a disgrace."

From Twitter:  @GregBQuotes tweeted:  "How did you set THAT alarm? That's pretty impressive!" When Said He Broke Wind So Loud It Woke Him Up And Scared Him

From YouTube:  Steve Harvey shared:

 
And this one:


From Facebook:  W. Clark shared:





















From Facebook:  D. Havens shared:

"Crust cutting level: Ninja.
This is going on my resume."

From Facebook:  T. Kingston shared: 




2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with you about race baiting. The media needs to stop. We need to focus on what is real and try to mend the fences and quit keeping the distances. Hope your week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paula. It's a shame what "journalism" has become. :(

      Delete