Want to join the party? Go on over to From This Side of the Pond for the Hodgepodge link-up!
Have you ever had to wear a uniform? If yes, tell us more. Did you love it or hate it?
I've worn uniform shirts for several jobs. I didn't have a problem with it. The toughest uniform I've worn was the costume for my stint as an Easter Bunny at the Quintard Mall. Fun job, but that garb was hot and itchy. The uniforms I most enjoyed wearing were my band uniforms.
On the left is my uniform from high school marching band. Unfortunately, I do not have any photographs of myself in my Marching Southerners uniform. Band uniforms are notorious for being hellishly hot, but I was so proud and honored to wear both.
April 22nd is Earth Day. What is one thing you do personally to be a good steward of planet Earth?
Earth Day really isn't my thing. However, I don't like litter and I clean up after myself. If it's practical for me to do so, I do reuse some items.
Brown rice, quinoa, or couscous...your healthy grain of choice? How often are one of the three on your menu at home? Given a choice between white rice, brown rice, wild rice, and fried rice which would you go for?
Brown rice. I don't know anything about quinoa or couscous, including how to prepare them. I like fried rice, but since my favorite Chinese restaurant is closed, I've not had any in a while.
In your opinion, who has the best job ever?
Anyone who is getting paid to do what they love rather than having to endure a job they hate to make ends meet, while getting low or no pay for doing what they really do best.What's a situation in your life currently requiring patience?
It might be easier to answer which ones don't; there's less of them. The person I have the least amount of patience with is myself. So, I'll just leave it at that.
Do you live your life around days of the week? Explain.
If you mean doing certain things on certain days, I try to, but it's not always feasible.
In a nod to the A to Z challenge happening around town this month, what 'R word' best describes your April?
Insert your own random thought here.
This weekend, I'm participating in my second YMCA Spring Run. I've got an affinity for the Y. It's the first fitness-type center I ever felt comfortable in. This is by no means a criticism of my beloved local community center, but I miss being part of the YMCA. "Why?" you may ask. Well...
- Indoor pool and swim instructors. One of the fitness goals I have as part of the "honorable mentions" on my 101 in 1001 list is to do a sprint level triathlon. While my running and cycling are making progress, My swimming form is about as strong as a dying flounder. I'm going to need some lessons and be able to practice year round to even have a chance of successfully swimming 1/2 a mile.
- Fitness classes - body sculpting, spinning, step aerobics, TRX, cardio kickboxing, and then some. Talk about the ultimate cross training. Oh yeah, they do have Zumba if you want to cry for 30 minutes.
- My sister working out with me - I have a sister who doesn't live far from the Anniston YMCA and we had a blast working out together years ago. I miss it.
- Fitness assessments by certified fitness instructors
- No lunks, bullies or equipment hogs - You want to act like a doofus, go to Gold's Gym where it's full of lunks and douchebags. You'll fit right in. Just stay away from the YMCA; you will get culled and you should be.
Want to know what a "lunk" is? Here's some examples. Every gym has them, but Planet Fitness is the only one brave enough to call them out.