Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Jelly Belly: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!


This coming weekend is Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy Week. Do you celebrate Easter in your home? What was your favorite Easter tradition as a child?
I don't have any "at home" Easter traditions as of yet.  When I have my own home in which I can celebrate any way I wish, I will.  However, I do celebrate Easter and Who Easter is about by attending and participating in the worship service.  The only Easter tradition I know of from my childhood is dressing up.  We didn't go to church, but we dressed up for the day.
Me and my Dad:  Easter '78 or '79

George Weinberg is quoted as saying, 'Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.' Agree or disagree? Share your own thoughts on the word hope.
Proverbs 13:12 says "Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life."  I think that one abandons hope when he feels that hope has abandoned him.  I struggle with this constantly.  Every day I want to give up hope.  Every day I want to quit.  Every day I have to find a reason not to give in to the despair of deferred hope.
Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. A solid milk chocolate bunny? Cadbury Creme Eggs? Peeps? Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs? Jellybeans? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one would you most like to find in your Easter basket?
Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs definitely.  The rest I don't care for.  Peeps taste like sugar coated newspaper.  Cadbury Crème Eggs make my teeth hurt just looking at them.  Never had the coconut cream eggs and jellybeans aren't my favorite.  I think I had some kind of childhood sadness associated with chocolate bunnies.  When I see one, I literally have to fight crying.  The thought of eating one makes me sick to my stomach with dread and sadness.  I have no idea what that's about and I'm not sure I want to know.
No sweetie, I'm going to leave you alone.

When did you last feel 'like a kid in a candy store'?
Sadly, it's been a while.  Been a long while.  Too long.
What's something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people?
I do most everything differently from others.  I've spent a lot of my life adapting so that I can do what everyone else can do, just in a different way.  I don't do everything "correctly," but if I get the same results, what difference does it make?
Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the PALMetto State...of the three mentioned, which sunny spot would you most like to visit right now? Which have you visited at one time or another?
Not visited any of these places.  Would like to be in Palm Springs, California right now.  Quite frankly, I'd like to be anywhere in the pretty parts of California right now.
If you could change the length of a day would you lengthen it or shorten it? Tell us why.
I wouldn't necessarily lengthen the hours in day, but I would like to lengthen the daylight hours.  Let's have 16 hours of daylight for activity and 8 hours of darkness in which to sleep.  This would be most beneficial in the winter months.  More sunshine, less depression, more productivity.  Hard to be productive and chipper when it gets dark at 4:30 p.m.
Insert your own random thought here.
I think we're finally going to have our band concert.  It's scheduled for March 31st.  I hope weather holds and we get this done.  I'm ready for a break.

6 comments:

  1. That picture is adorable : ) This time of year especially reminds me there is always reason to hope. Keep hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love that precious picture of you and your dad. Enjoyed stopping by from WHH. I hope to stop back by again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! 4:30 is wayyyy to early for twilight! Not crazy about the jump to Daylight Savings, but I sure am glad to see the sun when I get off work! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that we have moved the clock, can we please leave it alone. It's fine like it is.

      Delete