Sunday, December 28, 2014

40 Days of Gratitude: Day 37: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, December 28, 2014


Outside my window … Rainy and yucky skies with promises of nicer weather tomorrow.

I am thinking... my goals for 2015.  I want to make specific measurable attainable goals instead of just hoping to survive whatever comes my way.

I am thankful...
  • I'm thankful for ride to and from church today.  If it the forecast hadn't called for all day rain, I would have ridden my bike to church and gotten a ride home.
  • I'm thankful for great Bible discussion in my Sunday School class this morning.  We are studying the book of Ezra.  I've read it, but never done anything in-depth on it.
  • I'm thankful for a fun (and tasty) lunch with friends.  

In the kitchen...  Regrouping and trying to menu plan for the week.

I am wearing... bedclothes.  (I've never figured out why they ask this question.)

I am creating...
Finished the hats I was talking about last time:




I've got several crochet and painting projects in the works. 

I am going...  to my mechanic tomorrow.  Hopefully the repair won't take long and I can run a few errands and get out to the trail.  I'm three miles away from finishing my Mile-A-Day goal for Anniston Runners Club.
 
I am wondering... where I can find a bed tray.  It would make typing in bed much easier. 

I am reading... I'll finish up The Purpose Drive Life Wednesday.  I'm preparing for what I plan to read in the coming year. 
 
I am hoping... the tears stop...or at least I have a better reason for them.

I am looking forward to...
getting out on the trail again.  I've not spent much time outside in the fresh air.
 
I am learning
… what the root of some of my self-sabotage is.  I'm not sure this is the right forum to share it.  I know, sometimes I do rants and extended dissertations, but I'm not sure about it this time.
 
Around the house... taking down Christmas and getting the office back into some kind of order.
 
I am pondering...  what kind of training I need to do this winter.  For me, race season starts in March.  I want to be ready.
 
A favorite quote for today... 

"Holy living consists in doing God's work with a smile." - Mother Teresa, qtd by Rick Warren in The Purpose Driven Life, p. 231.

"Sugar is 8 times more addictive than cocaine." - Dr. Mark Hyman

"I'd be a bad NFL coach. I dislike standing, and if you ever sneak up and pour icy Gatorade on me I will destroy you in grand fashion." - Jeff Davis, Comedian

One of my favorite things... a new spiral-bound notebook to start the new year. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Getting the car fixed, subbing, hitting the trail,  getting back in the Workshop.  Updating media. 

A peek into my day...  

This is my last Daybook post for 2014.  I hope you enjoyed it.  I'm planning on continuing this prompt next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment