Friday, September 19, 2014

Never Say Never: The Friday 5

Go over to http://f.riday5.com/ for the weekly prompts.

  1. Some people say you should never mix business with friendship. What experience have you had that would either refute or confirm this wisdom?  I don't know.  It depends on the friend.  I wouldn't want to do business with someone I despised.  However, if I did do business with friends, they need to be business savvy and trustworthy.  It can't just be, "Hey, if would be cool if Dude and I ran a business together."  I think the worst is mixing business with family.
  2. Some people say you should never let ‘em see you sweat. What experience have you had that would either refute or confirm this wisdom?  This adage is bad advice both figuratively and literally.  Whether you are sweating through a problem or a workout, we should always be genuine instead of hiding.
  3. It is often said that you should never put off ’til tomorrow what you can do today. What experience have you had that would either refute or confirm this wisdom?  That's true.  Procrastination is a terrible thing.  I'm guilty of putting things off out of fear or laziness.  I've missed opportunities because of procrastination.
  4. It is often said that you should never get romantically involved with someone at work (there’s a cruder way of putting it, but I’m declining to use that selection of words). What experience have you had that would either refute or confirm this wisdom?  I've not had any experience with that, so I can't comment.
  5. What piece of wisdom from your own life should be a catchy proverb for others to live by?  Saw this on social media yesterday and it was perfect:
If you can remember, be that!







No comments:

Post a Comment