Sunday, August 24, 2014

Dizzy Gillespie: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, August 24, 2014

Outside my window … It is hotter than a billy goat's butt in a pepper patch outside!  We need rain...badly.

Praising God for…  My church meeting it's goal for the Honduras orphanage.  The money goes to buy formula, diapers, and other necessities for the sweet babies there.
 
In prayer for...  The church meeting its summer budget goal (we're almost there).  Engage, our college ministry, starts back tomorrow.  Our church is in prayer for the leadership and the students who will attend throughout the school year. 

I am thinking... about college football season (six days until the first University of Alabama game), about how to get back to my fitness routine after being ill for so long, about friends who don't yet know Him, and then there's just the practical everyday stuff I think about all the time. 

I am thankful... that I made it safely to and from church today.  The meds the doctor gave me Monday for a sinus infection have made me ridiculously dizzy.  Yeah, I know I probably shouldn't have driven today, but I have a major case of cabin fever, plus, my Worship Pastor would have dropped dead if I hadn't shown up.  Yes, he is that desperate for help.  ;)  I'm thankful for a great service this morning.  I'm thankful that I actually washed the dishes today.  I've been trying to wash them all since Wednesday.  Now, if I could just not eat until I'm completely well...
 
In the kitchen...  Nothing tonight. 

I am wearing... Bedclothes.

I am creating...
 Just finished a bunch of Christmas stockings for a friend's Sunday School class.  Hope to get to work on some paintings and baby items this week. 
 
I am going... depends on how much of the dizzy is gone.  Hopefully, I'll get out of the house sometime this week for something fun and useful.
 
I am wondering... about myself...again.
 
I am reading...   Still reading How to Have a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver.  I would have finished by now, but I was too ill this week to even hold up a book and read.

I am hoping... to catch up from the past two weeks of little to no activity.

I am looking forward to...
Saturday's Bama game (Roll Tide!).
 
I am learning
… that I'm too much Martha and not enough Mary

Around the house... I conquered the dishes, so we'll see what else I can do this week. 
 
I am pondering...  over new training programs.
 
A favorite quote for today...  On my friend's recent engagement:  "I usually lose all my good guy friends to marriage or death.  One is just as devastating as the other."  And, another one bites the dust.

One of my favorite things... Eleanor Burns' Quilt in a Day videos on YouTube.  She has a new one that I will be able to turn into a crochet quilt.  Time to get out the colored pencils.

A few plans for the rest of the week:   TBA

A peek into my day...  Good night, John Boy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment