Friday, May 30, 2014

Five Minute Friday: "Nothing"

Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
 

Without Him I could do nothing
Without Him I?d surely fail
Without Him I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail.
- Without Him.  Lyrics by Mylon Lefevre
 

Nothing: (definition 5) - something or someone of no importance or significance
 
GO!
 
I saw a quote on Joyce Meyer's Facebook page that said:  "Don't determine your worth and value by how other people have treated you."  I had a very hard time with that quote.  Yes, in God's eyes, I am redeemed by the blood of Christ.  That's wonderful.  However, how I get along on this earth is determined by my worth and value to others.
 
If a person determines that I am worthless to them, then to them I am nothing.  I have no place or influence in their life.  I can handle that better than having the worth of a mere thing in someone else's life.  That's the worst kind of nothing--I work and work as a machine, but my humanity is erased.  Both hurt, but that's worse.
 
I love the lyrics to the song Without Him.  It was the first thing I thought of when I heard what the prompt was.  Without Christ, in heaven I am nothing, lost, and destined for eternal separation from God.  Thanks be to Him that in His eyes I am something.  The question is, what do I do here on earth to bring that "somethingness" to a world that thrives on showing people how much nothing they are?
 
FULL STOP!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Amen and Amen and Amen...I haven't heard this song before and thank you for sharing it!! Thanks be to God that in His eyes we are even more than something...we are EVERYTHING!! You sure do have a way with words and I always enjoy your posts. ((Hugs)) to you, beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete