Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
The word "mighty" conjures up many images:
- Of course, the mightiest of all, God Almighty.
- The mighty men of valor spoken of in the Old Testament.
- The mighty women of God like Deborah and Priscilla in the Scriptures.
- Mighty heroes of strength like superman.
- Mighty heroes of innovation like Batman and the Family Channel's version of Zorro from the late 80's/early 90's.
- Strong Amazon heroines like Wonder Woman and Xena.
But what has might to do with me? I would like my body to be mighty, svelte, and strong. I would like to keep a keen mind and sharp mighty wit. I'd like my spirit to stay strong in the Lord.
Right now, my only might is at the end of a keyboard. The use of mighty words has also won many a battle.