Friday, February 14, 2014

Five Minute Friday: "Garden"

Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
 
 
 
GO!
 
I love to garden.  Flower gardens are my favorite, but I have been known to grow a tomato or two.  I heard someone say that there was something worshipful about gardening.  It can be.  I'm out there in God's creation, on my knees, feeling the warmth of the soil in my fingers and the steady breeze of nourishing fresh air.  Gardening is when I can be truly quiet and listen--sometimes to the sounds of nature around me, and sometimes to my mp3 player, and sometimes to the very heart of God.
 
I miss gardening.  The rules of where I live have made it impossible to do the kind of gardening I used to.  One of my dreams is owning my own house so that I can have my flower beds and vegetable plots just the way I want them.  I may rebel a little a set up a container garden:  No rules against that...yet.
 
I think community gardens are an awesome idea.  I hope to participate in one of those some day.
 
My favorite flowers to grow are roses and sunflowers.  Roses, I think, are the most beautiful flower God ever created.  Sunflowers are the happiest and their bright color and yummy seeds attract the most beautiful birds.
 
TIME'S UP!
 
POSTLUDE:  When I saw the prompt, this song came to my mind:
 
I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

Refrain:
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

Refrain:
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

I'd stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

Refrain:
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.
 

 
I know this post is supposed to be about gardens, but I must share my heart right now.  The last time I shared at Celebrate Recovery, I told the crowd that alone was a state of being--you're either alone or you're not, but lonely was a state of mind--a person can be lonely in a room full of people.  It's a very sad and all too familiar place to be.
 
This hymn is a beautiful reminder of times past when I would seek to be alone and enjoy the beauty around me and the presence of the Lord.  I'm fearing that those times are no more until I am in heaven with the Lord--no pressures, no distractions, no constant reminders of what I am not and should be, no constant nagging of depression and failure; just me and Jesus.  I'm sure that in His presence, I will have a lifetime of apologizing to do, but He will still love and forgive me.  He will still want that alone time with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment