Friday, June 7, 2013

Songs in the Key of Life: 30-Day Blog Challenge, Day 1

I'm starting the 30 day blog challenge on So, Funny Story.  Thanks to my good friend and blogging buddy Jhona O. for giving me the idea.

My Favorite Song [30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 1]

Asking a musician to name his favorite song is like saying “sic ‘em!” to a hound dog.  I’ve enjoyed music for as long as I can remember, and have played or sang for more than half my life, so picking one song as my ultimate favorite is almost impossible.  So, knowing Auntie like you do, you know I’m going to break up my answer into categories (OCD anyone?).

Favorite 60’s song:  Mary, Mary by the Monkees

Favorite 70’s song:  Play that Funky Music (White Boy) by Wild Cherry

Favorite 80’s song:  Let’s Go Crazy by Prince and the Revolution

Favorite 90’s song:  Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz

Favorite “Old School” Contemporary Christian Song:  Trains Up in the Sky by Mylon Lefevre and Broken Heart.

Favorite Praise Song to hear:  Your Grace is Enough by Chris Tomilin

Favorite Praise Song to play:  Trading My Sorrows by Darrell Evans

Favorite Worship Song to hear:  Revelation Song by Christ for the Nations

Favorite Worship Song to Play:  Ditto!

Favorite Hymn to hear: Without Him  written by Myon Lefevre

Favorite Hymn to sing:  The jury is still out on that one. 

Favorite “go to” running song (you knew I was going to squeeze fitness in here somewhere):  Scottish Rite Temple Stomp.  I don’t know who wrote it, but the version that Craig Ferguson sings is off the chain!

Favorite Song to stretch to:  Song of Moses by Petra

Favorite Drum Cadence:  Spider (JSU Southerners play it the best).

Favorite Country Song:  A toss up between Honkytonk Badonkadonk by Trace Adkins and Red Solo Cup by Toby Keith.

Favorite Comedy song:  White and Nerdy by Weird Al Yankovic

 Clear as mud?

2 comments:

  1. I love your list!! Thanks for the shout out:) I think I need to listen to a few of these again...especially White and Nerdy. My boys are discovering Weird Al...what took them so long???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh honey, White and Nerdy is my life's theme song. ;)

      Delete