Saturday, June 8, 2013

Celebration Station: The Simple Woman's Daybook for Saturday, June 8, 2013

Outside my window …  the pounding of the machinery as they repave Gardener Drive in Jacksonville.  I hope they do as good a job as they did on Greenleaf Street—fresh asphalt, new lighting and an actual curb.  I’d feel safe enough to walk/run that road if they do that.

I am thinking...
 about the future.  While living in the now, I’m still looking towards a brighter future.  I’m also thinking about how to be as much of, if not more than, a blessing to those around me.

I am thankful...
for cooler days.  Take that Alabama Power!

In the kitchen...
 I had fruit and yogurt for breakfast.  I’m thinking salsa chicken salad for lunch and rice and veggies for dinner.

I am wearing...
Tank top and “progress” blue jean shorts.

I am creating...
Still working on a baby blanket, a crocheted tank top, and painted flower pots.  Plus, I’m writing up a storm on my blog.

I am going... to the gym today.  I’m thinking of taking a stroll on the Ladiga trail later this evening.

I am wondering... about how I’m going to get some more coconut lotion.  I can’t find it at the Dollar Tree anymore and I’m down to a tube and a half.  GASP!

I am reading... I finished Dr. Cloud’s book 9 Things You Simply Must Do. (Yay!  I finally finished one!)  I shall give it a proper review here later.  I’m reading Sunday school materials and starting a new book:  The Blessing of the Lord by Kenneth Copeland.  It’s going to be a good’n! 

I am hoping...
that I get a job REALLY soon.  My dryer just broke.  No, seriously.  It broke while I was typing this.  Thank God for having a clothesline. 

I am looking forward to...
Vacation Bible school at my church this week.  I haven’t gotten to help with one for ages. 

I am learning
… that God’s peace is really much healthier than my worry.

Around the house... Trying to get my laundry done before it rains again (since the aforementioned broken dryer).  I was going to work in the yard, but I’d rather have the rain.  I can pull weeds any time.

I am pondering...   on how to effectively deal with my financial situation without doing ANYTHING desperate or stupid. 

A favorite quote for today... "We want happy paintings. Happy paintings. If you want sad things, watch the news." Bob Ross

One of my favorite things... making people laugh.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Church on Sunday, Sav-A-Life on Monday.  Vacation Bible School this week.   More workouts, job hunting, and band practice.

A peek into my day...  I have an announcement to make.  Earlier, I talked about how I was trying to knock down my “wall of 40.”  In my fitness journey, I’ve lost as much as 39 pounds, like would kick me in the taint, and I would go back to my old addictive ways of coping, and the weight would come back on with a vengeance.  I’ve been working to gain the ground I lost for almost a year and I kept hitting the wall and hitting it, but never knocking it down.  Well, this week…drum roll please…I have knocked down the wall and stomped on it!  I have now lost 42 pounds!  This is the smallest I have been since I was in junior high school.  I give God the glory!  Now, dance with me you nuts!


UPDATE (12/29/13):  I am ashamed to report that my wall of 40 was knocked down for exactly two weeks, then all hell broke loose.  I'm in the process of knocking it down yet again.  Maybe we'll dance together again soon...and this time for good.  CRAP!!!

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook (http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/) . Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back now, ya' hear. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay Congrats Shannon :) You are looking great and have more strength and endurance than many. I hope and pray you meet all your goals :)

    ReplyDelete