Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts: The Simple Woman's Daybook for Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Outside my window … Dare I say spring-type weather?!  **crosses fingers**

I am thinking...
 about California (yep, still).

I am thankful...
for the true meaning of the Easter season.

In the kitchen...
 Nothing now; it’s late. 

I am wearing...
Jeans and my Home Run shirt.

I am creating...
Purses for the Honduras missions trip this summer.  Plus, I’m starting a painting.

I am going... to bed!

I am wondering... about coconuts.  I’ve been watching Craig Ferguson smash them open with his guests on the show and I really want one to eat. However, I don’t know how to open them properly, or how to get the “meat” out of them.  I don’t think smashing them on the table is the right way to go….or is it?  J

I am reading...
I’m back to the prayer book by Myles Monroe.  Lord, am I EVER going to finish this book??

I am hoping...
that I get some crystal clear direction for God concerning my career path.  I’m really trying not to worry or get desperate.

I am looking forward to...
the Whirlwind of Color 5k at the end of this month.  It will be the last 5k I do until I’ve got steady work to pay the entry fees.  It’s my first color run and I hear that those are really fun.

I am learning
… how I am fearfully and wonderfully made by God.

Around the house... Nothing until tomorrow.
 
I am pondering...   on how to learn how drive on the interstate without peeing myself.  Seriously, I need to be able to go more places than Gadsden and Oxford if I’m truly going to expand my horizons.  Plus, it’s a stupid fear that I would like to be rid of.  It’s crazy that a person who got paid to make accurate maps for truck drivers is too dang afraid to follow one herself.  L

A favorite quote for today... Which pounds are the hardest to lose? The next ones. – Me

One of my favorite things... the coconut lotion that the Dollar Tree carries.  If they ever stop selling it, I think I’ll cry.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Choir practice Wednesday, stitch night at the yarn shop Thursday, WWF at CR Friday.  Would love to “kidnap” my babies and go to the park and play or something on Saturday.  Having some friends over for “Chicken Sunday” after church.

A peek into my day...

 
(Maybe if I tried a shoe??)

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook (http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/) . Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back now, ya' hear. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see the insight into your life. You know who I am. I TOTALLY understand your fear of driving. Mine has gotten so bad that I'm fairly nonfuctional. I don't know how to get anywhere. I pray and believe your life will bring you great blessings. Your strength and faith are so HUGE. God will reward you!!! He MUST!!!

    ReplyDelete