Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Funkmaster: Music is the Stuff Dreams are Made of.

Earlier this month, I gave a brief review of the book Look Great, Feel Great by Joyce Meyer.  I know I said that I wouldn't give too much of the book away, but key #10 (Right Vision) continues to churn around in my head. 

One of her suggestions on how to keep a right vision is think and speak your reality into existence (p. 147).  The first part of Proverbs 23:7 says - "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he."  What we see on the inside is just as (if not more) important than what we see on the outside.  Meyer goes on to give this suggestion:

Another excellent practice is to create a vision of the ideal you.  Carry this vision around in your head, and assume the role of the ideal you, as if you were acting in a play.  Say and do the things the 'ideal you' would do, instead of what the 'now you' does.  Soon, you will become this ideal person and won't be acting anymore.  (p. 149)

Which brings me to the music.  In my workout playlist, there are music selections that give me a vision of my "ideal self."  These are songs that represent something I want to do or someone I want to be.:


 (My ideal self will teach children again and show them how fun fitness can be.  Yeah, I know I've got learn HOW to do the Cha-Cha Slide first.)
 (My ideal self will have the endurance to run to this entire song.) 

 
 (My ideal self will be a certified fitness trainer and lead a "Sacred and Secular indoor walking/aerobics class.  I'm writing the routine for this one and Morris Day and the Time's "The Bird" in my head already.

(Another one my ideal self will run to.  Of course, I may need to be by myself when I run to that one.  I'm tempted to holler during the "ride or die" part when I'm just walking to it.)

What songs inspire your "Ideal Self"?

No comments:

Post a Comment