Tuesday, March 23, 2021

What Season is it?: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

 
For Today: Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Looking Out My Window ... 

The past couple of weeks have been a seesaw between beautiful spring weather and winter storms...

I am Thinking...
  • About Easter.  Since I moved here, I believe I have missed every Easter service at church due to weather.  This year, I want to go all out for Easter (weather permitting):  New outfit (complete with "church lady" hat (that's right, I'm still on my quest to bring back the "church lady" hat), celebratory dinner, the works.  If we  have snow, I guess I'll put on the outfit, celebrate Easter online, and eat my dinner.  Just like I endeavored to make Christmas more special regardless of whether I was with friends or not, I have the same goal for Easter.
  • About what's next.  Commencement is May 8th, so I wonder what's next for me after that.
I am Thankful for...
  • For a good report from the eye doctor.
  • God's protection and provision.
  • For the spring weather between the snow days.
  • For snow days I don't have to get out in.  I can look at the pretty snow through my window and stay snuggly warm INSIDE.

From the Workshop...  

See my latest Get 'er Done challenge post here.

Also had fun painting party with Emily and her sister Molly this past weekend.

From Auntie's Test Kitchen... First, an update on the Ro-Tel Dip episode.  I discovered why my Ro-Tel Dip tasted so horrible.  I have a 6 quart Crock Pot--way too big for the amount of dip I was making.  Even on low, it was heating the dip too fast and drying it out.  I made the dip again over the stove in a smaller pot and it turned out just right.  The moral of the story?  I've got to have some serious company soon so I can make enough dip to fill this Crock Pot.

Second, I learned how to use the cute little waffle maker I bought a couple of months ago...

I am Reading...  
 
Pauses for Lent by Trevor Hudson
Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
Christian Apologetics by Douglas R. Groothus
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young (this will be ongoing all year, so I won't list it every time).

Completed volumes since my last Daybook:
  1. God With Us by Charles Spurgeon.
  2. The Lord's Table by Andrew Murray (a glorious reread).  Please see my review here.
  3. On Prayer and the Contemplative Life by Thomas Aquinas.
  4. The Westminster Shorter Catechism.
  5. C. S. Lewis:  A Life by Alister McGrath.
  6. Introducing Theological Method by Mary M. Veeneman.
  7. No Greater Love by Mother Teresa.
  8. Loving Jesus by Mother Teresa.   Please see my Goodreads comments here.
  9. Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis.
  10. Praying God's Word by Beth Moore.  Please see my review here.
  11. A Commonsense Guide to Fasting by Kenneth E. Hagin.
  12. Confessions of Saint Augustine by Augustine of Hippo

Favorite Quote(s) of the Week ... 

"Why does God allow us to spend so much of life in the heat of battle?  Because He never meant for us to sip His Spirit like a proper cup of tea.  He meant for us to hold our sweating heads over the fountain and lap up His life with unquenchable thirst." - Beth Moore, Praying God's Word  (p. 22)

"A grateful heart protects you from negative thinking. Thankfulness enables you to see the abundance I shower upon you daily. Your prayers and petitions are winged into heaven's throne room when they are permeated with thanksgiving." - Sarah Young, Jesus Calling (p. 58).

Now For Something Totally Different ...

Five Minute Friday word of the week:  Redeem.


 
 
 
 



























No comments:

Post a Comment