Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Hoodies vs Sweatshirts: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
Add caption

It's fall y'all. What's something you love about this season and also something you don't? 

The fall colors are my favorite.  Although orange isn't my favorite color, during the fall, the rich oranges, golds, and reds are beautiful. And, of course, there's football season (Roll Tide!).  The one thing I don't like about fall, especially here in Colorado, is that it is so short.  Winter snows will be here before you know it.

When you think of the colors of fall, which one is your favorite? Is there somewhere you could easily day trip to see the leaves in all their glory? Will you? 

It's hard to pick one, but I'd say the rich reds.  Unless friends are going on a trip and I'm invited, I doubt I'll be going out to see the colors.  I don't know where the best place is to go for the fall foliage.   Our church is having its annual Fall Colors Ride Monday, but I don't own or ride a motorcycle.

What's one thing you've let 'fall' by the wayside during this season of staying home and staying away? 
 
Do we really want to go there?  Other than work, classes, and church, I feel like this whole year has gone to crap.  I'm taking the rest of the year to try to get myself together.  This is ridiculous.

If you're wearing a sweater is it most likely a cardigan, crew neck, v-neck, or zip up hoodie? 
 
A zip up hoodie.  I've worn my GMM hoodie (pictured left when it was brand new) so much that it needs to be replaced.  It's worn with holes and tears in it.   I wanted to buy one in support of another small/internet business, but they're all doing pullover hoodies.  I may go to the campus bookstore and buy a CCU hoodie. I don't know, since I only have to leave the house when absolutely necessary, I may forgo buying anything and just wear the worn one when I have to go outside.

What's your secret to dealing with change? 

Whether good change or not-so-good change, I have to pray to deal with it properly.  Otherwise, I'm a basket case.

Insert your own random thought here. 

Put out my newly painted fall welcome sign today.
 
In case you're interested:
* My latest Simple Woman's Daybook is here
* My latest Auntie's Workshop post is here.

8 comments:

  1. This sure has been one crazy year, everything has been a mess. I love your pretty sign! Happy fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sign and seeing you in your favorite zip up hoodie. I prefer zip up over the pullover variety, too. Hope you find the right one replace old faithful. Happy Fall you you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOh! I like your new sign!
    You look so comfy in your hoodie.
    Colorado and New Mexico have very short autumn seasons. My son lives in NM and I am always shocked to see how quickly the warm temperatures drop to freezing--it's the elevation.
    Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Willow.

      I've been in Colorado for three years now, but the short spring and fall seasons throw this Southern girl for a loop every year. Maybe this year will be better, but that snow earlier this month slapped me upside the head.

      Delete
  4. 2020 has definitely been a crappy year!! I love your hoodie - zip up hoodies are my favorite, too!! I love your sign. I'm not a good painter but always love seeing what others make!!!

    ReplyDelete