Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Hoping for a Patio: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
"Hope springs eternal"...discuss. 

"Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life" (Proverbs 13:12 KJV).

I'm a firm believer in hope.  Only when it "springs eternal," yet is deferred or never comes to fruition does it become a problem. 
Much of my life, my hopes were either severely misplaced or I had allowed others to stomp on, pee on, or utterly destroy my hopes and dreams.  However, God has given me new hopes, new goals, and new desires of which He authored and approves. Even through this horrible hopeless season of isolation and loss, He continues to renew my hope and show me his faithfulness.

Last time you needed to 'spring into action' or 'spring to someone's defense'...explain. 

 I'm not sure that any of those apply at present.

Tulips or daffodils? baby birds or baby bunnies? The cherry tree or the dogwood tree? Jelly beans or peeps? March madness or spring training? Peas or carrots? 

Tulips and daffodils are among my favorite spring flowers.  I haven't seen any live ones yet, but I've got a strong desire to paint them.  Speaking of baby birds, I heard a nest of new little birdies this morning.  It was wonderful to hear the twittering of sweet song birds among the Van Halen-style rock songs of all the crows (I am very thankful for both).  I don't know if cherry or dogwood trees bloom (or grow) in Colorado. I'm waiting for the shrub roses to start blooming; they remind me of the azaleas from back home. I like jelly beans more than peeps, but neither are appealing to me. Now, Reese's peanut butter eggs?  Yes, please!  The only reason I care anything about March madness this year is because the University of Alabama is in the "Sweet 16."  #RollTide  Other than that, bring on baseball season.  By the way, Atlanta plays the Rockies here in Colorado on September 5th.  I would love to go, but I don't think going to Coors field alone is a good idea.  Peas or carrots?  Yes.

I read an article here on the South's best cities on the rise. They are-Baton Rouge Louisiana, Fayetteville Arkansas, Greenville South Carolina, Huntsville Alabama, Lexington Kentucky, Norfolk Virginia, Tulsa Oklahoma, Waco Texas, Wilmington North Carolina, and Winston-Salem North Carolina. Of the cities listed how many have you seen in person? Which one on the list would you most like to see? Have you spent much time in the southern states (USA)? Any spring road trips on your calendar? 

On the rise?  As someone from a small Southern town, these cities listed have never been "on the rise;" they've always been major cities.  I've visited Huntsville, Alabama plenty of times (I have family there) and I've been to the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area several times.  I would enjoy visiting any of these cities, but my heart's desire is to visit my hometown, Jacksonville, Alabama, for fun, relaxation, and eating my way up and down Alabama Highway 21 in Calhoun County. **sigh**

Tell us how your outdoor space needs sprucing up this spring? Which do you enjoy more (or hate the least-ha!) yard work or house work? 

Every time my sister Clara and I talk about my "outdoor space," we laugh.  I live in a second-floor apartment with a patio door that doesn't go anywhere.  Apparently when they built the apartment buildings in 1972, the owners must have run out of money (or have a sick sense of humor).  In my building and the one next door, all of us with end apartments are the only ones with no patio.  I'm hoping that they will remember the patio-less and finish what they started almost FIFTY years ago. #HaveMercy  #YallGotEnoughOfMyMoneyToBuildaPatio 

Anyway...

Since Christmas, I've been decorating my front door/stoop area and I've got some ideas for how to add some plants and flowers to the decor.  Late May is the best time to put out live plants since we're past the threat of freezing temperatures and snow.

As far as housework vs. yard work goes, I don't mind either one, but I'm obviously doing more housework since I don't yet have a yard to tend.

Insert your own random thought here.  

In case you missed it:  

* Last week's Hodgepodge post, "The Greening Party," is here.
* My latest Simple Woman's Daybook post "What Season is it?" is here.
* My latest Five Minute Friday post "Redeem" is here.
* My latest Auntie's Workshop post "Get 'er Done Art Challenge: End of Round Two" is here.
* My latest book review in my 2021 Flip and Sip Reading Challenge is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment