Sunday, July 12, 2020

Inflating a Flat Life: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

 
For Today: Sunday, July 12 , 2020

Looking Out My Window ... This isn't exactly out my window, but as I go out and about, I try to see the beauty that's around me.  Though the weather is hot and dry, there's beautiful landscaping and flowers all around to enjoy.


I am Thinking...
  • I'm beginning to think that the city of Lakewood is paved with nails.  For the second time this year, I've gotten yet another flat tire.  Hopefully, I can get something done about it tomorrow.  This is aggravating.  I wish I knew how to use a jack and change out my own tire.  I've seen it done, but that's not something I want to learn by trial and error.
  • I'm thinking about the things God is teaching me lately.
  • While I'm continuing to find pockets of joy during the summer months, I'm thinking about what fall will look like.
  • I'm pondering how to conduct a comprehensive study of every book of the Bible. Lord willing, I'll be finished with my classes by February and will have more time for even deeper study. I've explored some options and looked at some available materials, but haven't made any definitive plans for how I'm going to do this.

I am Thankful...
  • For freedom.
  • For better results than expected from my yearly physical.  The goal in the next year is to work hard at making them even better.
  • For friends who know more about bicycles than I do.
  • For the continued ability to work from home and not miss a beat.

From the Workshop... 

I've completed a couple of Dollar Tree Challenges:  See #1 here, #2 here.

I've been trying new paintings and techniques lately.  Many times when I try new things, I end up repainting the same canvas several times. In fact, I finally tossed a canvas I'd painted with at least four unsuccessful attempts.  After that many, the canvas has no more tooth to it and is begging to be tossed.  So, I let it go.  However, my last sessions produced three successful paintings:




From Auntie's Test Kitchen...

I've mostly been doing some redecorating and rearranging in the kitchen.  I bought one of those dry erase calendar posters at the Dollar Tree and hung it.  I rearranged the paintings I had in the kitchen.  My friend Emily gave me the idea to cover the ugly circuit breaker box with a painting.

See?  All gone.







I am Reading...

Breaking Free by Beth Moore
Tactics by Gregory Koukl
Christian Apologetics by Douglas Groothuis
The Story of Christianity, Volume 2 by Justo Gonzalez

Completed volumes since my last Daybook:

Given by Tina Boesch. Please see my review here.
Never Say Diet Book by Richard Simmons
The Beauty of Intolerance by Josh and Sean McDowell

Favorite Quote(s) of the Week ...

"Genuine and mature Christian community is powerful and winsome...[C]elibacy often has negative connotations in the church because we have lost the art of friendship.  The church is often focused solely on marriage at the expense of meaningful relationships in the larger body of Christ.  While marriage is critical for the church and society, we must also build loving, committed, relational communities that represent the entire body of Christ, including those who choose celibacy." - Josh McDowell

"The filling only He can give does not automatically accompany our salvation...Salvation secures our lives for all eternity.  Soul satisfaction ensures abundant life on earth." - Beth Moore.

Now For Something Totally Different ...

Five Minute Friday Word of the Week:  People.















No comments:

Post a Comment