Sunday, June 21, 2020

Where You Been?: Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook
 

For Today: Sunday, June 21, 2020

Looking Out My Window ... A beautiful summer day.  The view of the large tree outside my "big window" (i.e., my patio door that doesn't go anywhere) makes me feel like I'm in my own cozy little tree house.




I am Thinking...About fall...and what it's going to look like.  Our offices have been working from home since March.  They plan for us to come back into the office in some capacity.  However, their proposed restrictions are not setting well with me.  If I have to wear a mask all day, social distance from co-workers, and have no access to our communal kitchen (meaning nothing to eat or drink all day), I might as well stay at home to work.  Oh, well, I'll just enjoy the summer and tackle the fall when it gets here.
  
I am Thankful...
  • For God's continuing provision. 
  • For my friends in Arvada who pastor a small church that I can attend until mine can open again.
  • For the return of my creative mojo (see below).
  • For having a job and the ability to work from home.

From the Workshop... Recapturing my creative mojo and Auntie is now accepting PayPal. Please see my latest Workshop blog post here.

From Auntie's Test Kitchen...This past spring (before quarantine) I went to a church retreat at the Hideaway Retreat Center in Colorado Springs.  Among the wonderful breakfast foods available (though someone needs to teach them how to make real biscuits) was what I call "loose" granola.  I've eaten granola bars, but had never had (sorry, I don't know what else to call it) the loose kind.  Putting it in my cereal or mixing it with yogurt was thoroughly enjoyable and, for me, felt quite fancy. I wanted to recreate that wonderful taste at home.  After perusing the shelves at the grocery store having no idea what I'm looking for, I mentioned it to a friend who gave me a recipe for homemade granola.  The first batch turned out really well, albeit a little overcooked (high altitude, you know).

My view of Pike's Peak from The Hideaway

My first attempt.  The Recipe is here.

I am Reading...

Tactics by Gregory Koukl
Christian Apologetics by Douglas Groothuis
The Story of Christianity, Volume 2 by Justo Gonzalez
Sacred Pathways by Gary Thomas

Recently Completed Volumes:
The Weigh Down Diet by Gwen Shamblin
A Life God Rewards by Bruce Wilkinson
All of Grace by C. H. Spurgeon
Journey into Grace by Darlene Sala et al.
Holy in Christ by Andrew Murray

Favorite Quote(s) of the Week ...



Rhett:  "Emily [a designer] has really helped me discover my personal style."
Link: "Which is?"
Rhett:  "Lumberjack frou-frou."
-- Good Mythical Morning episode 1673

Galatians 3:28 (KJV) - ...for all are one in Christ Jesus.

"How the he!! can you tell if a fish is depressed?!" -@GregBQuotes on a marine biologist claiming the fish at an aquarium are depressed and lonely because of the quarantine closure.

Now For Something Totally Different ...

Five Minute Friday Word of the Week:  How






 


















No comments:

Post a Comment