Wednesday, June 17, 2020

For the Love of Summer: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
Saturday marks the first official day of summer! Whoohoo! Your favorite thing about the season?

Longer days and low humidity.

Love it!, labor of love, not for love or money, no love lost, love handles, love does, love-hate relationship, misery loves company, tough love, love will find a way...pick one and tell us how it applies to your life right now.

Love handles.  The fight against obesity and poor health is a never ending battle.

What's one thing currently causing you to seethe? One thing currently making you smile?

The whole racism, rioting, hate situation makes my blood boil.  I wrote about it more extensively here. Now, on to what's making me smile.  I mentioned on my sister blog that my creative mojo had faded due to the isolation of quarantine (among other things).  I'm happy to report that the creative bug has bitten me once again, and I'm back to creating art.

Of the following to-dos found on a summer checklist (here) which three would definitely make your personal list of summer want-to-dos?  Do you make an actual list?

OK, I'm going to have to cheat here. Many of the activities listed require extensive travel and other people to participate.  The ones I picked that I can accomplish alone at home are: Roast marshmallows and make s'mores (I can do that in the oven), make lemonade from scratch (I have my friend Rosie's recipe for lemonade that I've yet to make), sip a sweating glass of iced tea (all I lack is a tea pitcher), eat corn on the cob, and eat a slice of watermelon.  All of those look like a great Independence Day feast.  The one that I've wanted to do with others, but just never set it up is a picnic in a park.  I would love to do that and combine it with a painting party.

Thursday is National Splurge Day. What might you splurge on in order to celebrate?

Nothing at the moment.  I working on a financial project, so splurging needs to wait at least another month.

Insert your own random thought here. 

Take a gander at my 50 for fifty list.
Also, I am doing another reading challenge this year.  The list of books I've read so far is here

2 comments:

  1. It's great to see you here! I really enjoyed your list of '50'. You have inspired me to revisit my list of 101 in 101 that I've let fall by the wayside. I have a big birthday this year and feel like I want to 'do something' to mark it in a positive way. Also, I hopped over to your book list. What did you think of Christians In the Age Of Outrage? I have that on my to read list as it sounds really timely. Thanks for playing along this week! It's nice to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Miss Joyce. Great to be back. Christians in the Age of Outrage was excellent. It presents much sage advice on how to handle the vitriol out there.

      Delete