Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Pinky Lee: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
This time last year where were you?  

Last year at this time, I was finishing up the My Mythical Year project.  I was beginning the registration process for my first Theology class and finally feeling like I have some direction about the next phase of my life.

In honor of National Pink Day (June 23rd) tell us your favorite pink food or beverage. Was it on the menu at your house yesterday? Do you like to wear the color pink? If we came to visit would we find this color in your home decor? Blush-fuschia-salmon-raspberry-your favorite shade of pink?

Hmm. Does watermelon count as a pink food?  Pink lemonade sounds good right about now.   None of these are on the menu at present, but I'm planning on adding them to my Independence Day feast. Salmon's an enjoyable pink food I eat once in a while.  I do like to wear pink, but there isn't much of it in my wardrobe at present. If you came for a visit, you wouldn't find the color in my decor unless I have pink fresh flowers on display.  I really don't have a favorite shade of pink--there isn't a pink I don't like. 

Stop and smell the roses, looking through rose colored glasses, a rose by any other name, not all moonlight and roses, no rose without a thorn...which rosy saying currently fits your life in some way? Explain.

"Stop and smell the roses."  After all the nonsense that's been going on, I briefly went hermit again (for a better explanation, see my FMF post here). I knew that this wasn't psychological beneficial, so I quickly squelched that.  It's been hard though.  Yesterday, I got out and took a short walk where I snapped a few photos of things I like.  On the way, I passed one of my favorite spots.  A nearby business did part of their landscape with knockout roses.  Their blooming season is nearly over, but they are still popping out some color.  I love these shrub roses because (from what I've read) they are easy to maintain, plus, they remind me of the azaleas that bloom back home.  It's one of my dream plants I want to use in my yard when I get my own house.

Some photos from my walks:




 


 




Are you a 'reader'? Do you tend to read lighter books in the summer months? Do you have a summer reading list? If so, give us a title or two.

Oh yes, I am an avid reader.  Normally I usually do have somewhat of a summer reading list.  However, with my studies being full of heavy reading, I'm having to slip in a few lighter titles in between.  A few prospective titles on my light list are:

The Lost Causes of Bleak Creek by Rhett McLaughlin and Link Neal
The rest of the original Curious George series.  I started reading it last year.
I may reread Lori Wick's Yellow Rose Trilogy.
Food:  A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan
An Old Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott

Share with us one rose and one thorn from your weekend.

This weekend was more full of roses than thorns.  As I mentioned in my Quarantine Update post on my craft blog, my creative inspiration is back in full swing.  Now, in between work and class, I'm creating arts and crafts again.  I'll update y'all of my current projects later this week, Lord willing.

Another rose from this weekend was being able to worship at my friend's church.  My church still cannot open (so I guess that's a thorn).  I seem to always hear a hymn I've never heard before.  This week was "Hold the Fort" by Philip P. Bliss:



Such an encouraging anthem.

The one thorn for the weekend was learning that one of my classmates passed away.  Understand, all of us are under the age of 50, so the death was a shock.  We weren't close, but we were friends on Facebook and her parents and I attended the same church and I got to know them. So, I feel their heart pain.

Insert your own random thought here.

I got a rare treat last night.  Miss Jane, a friend of mine from church, invited me over for dinner and to attend a small prayer meeting with her.  The food, laughter, prayers, and hugs (fight me!) did me a world of good.

2 comments:

  1. My condolences on the loss of your friend. It's always such a shock when someone our age passes away.

    Your nature pictures are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete