Friday, March 16, 2018

Five Minute Friday: "Provide"


Genesis 22:14 (NIV) - So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided."

I know I said I was done with part of my crusade, but this prompt brings it back out of me.  Plus, many of you have contacted me and said that I shouldn't quit.  If someone is being helped or encouraged, I will continue.  If not, I'll shut up.



The names of God and His nature are one.  He is the Provider.  I think this is part of why I feel like I have to prove myself and show that God making me single wasn't a mistake or a punishment.  When I say "prove myself," I don't mean I'm trying to prove I'm better; just equal.  I have to show that God and I are just as good as Mommy Blogger X and her hubby.

It's freakin' hard!

You know what would help?

Stop saying stupid stuff like, "If you had a husband to provide, you'd never have to worry about money again."  No, that's a sugar daddy.

Stop supporting a woman's small business only if she's married and/or has children.  Yes, I'm giving side eye to you, Christy Wright.  Hey, I've always got art for sale.  Is it less valuable because I don't have to create around the patter of little feet?

Well...

No comments:

Post a Comment