Monday, March 19, 2018

The Ice of March: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Monday, March 19, 2018
 

Outside my window   A beautiful morning after a thundersnow storm last night.



I am thinking... about new ideas for Auntie's Workshop.  I've been learning some new techniques and making some great new cards.  I'm just trying to figure out a better way to put them on the website than just "Here's a picture of what I made.  Buy it please!"

I am thankful...for creative ideas.

From the Workshop...



















I am reading...

Audacious by Beth Moore
The Greatest Thing in the World and Other Addresses by Henry Drummond.

Books I’ve finished since my last Daybook
  • I Thought it Was Just Me by Brene Brown.
  • Born to Win by Zig Ziglar.
  • The Magician's Nephew by C. S. Lewis.
And one for the DNF pile:

You are A Badass by Jen Sincero.  I commented on it here.

I am learning... that a vehicle stands between me and having a life outside of work.

Favorite quote(s) of the week

"Kale is so good for you.  It's like a really bitter spinach with hair." - Jim Gaffigan

"In 1903, the Wright brothers invented the airplane.  That was because in 1902 they drove across the country with their families." - Bill Engval

"You're never too poor for good toilet paper; that's a law.  I would live off  Top Ramen noodles if I could use the fluffy stuff.  My wife goes to Sam's Club and buys that cheap paper.  It's so bad it's still got bark in it." - Steve McGrew

"I like being married.  I hated being single.  The worst is when you would ask someone out and they would shoot you down.  'Cause, really, what they're saying is 'You know what?  I don't even feel like eating a free meal around you.  You make me want to go on a diet.'" - Jim Gaffigan

"Many people today will quote 'pi r squared,' but I say 'pie r round' today." - Bill "Bubba" Bussey #NationalPiDay

"You know what?  You're only eating your feelings."
"Yes, but they're delicious."  - Jim Gaffigan

I am looking forward to...  ?

And Now For Something Totally Different:

Five Minute Friday word of the week:  Provide




 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Your artwork and snow pictures are pretty! I hope you get spring weather soon!

    ReplyDelete