Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Being On the List: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!


Realist, idealist, optimist, pessimist...which one are you? Elaborate.
 

Can one not be realistically optimistic? I never want to have such blind optimism that I don't see difficulty, nor do I want to be such a pessimist or realist that it sucks the fun and whimsy out of everything. Sometimes "keeping it real" is code for "I'm going to pee in your Cheerios today because I have no joy and don't want you to have any either."

What's something currently on your wish list? 

  •  A Cricut
  • A robe and slippers
  • A Keurig
  • A Cruiser bicyle

Three things on this week's shopping list? 

  1. A new tablet.  My Kindle Fire is slowly disintegrating to the point of ridiculousness.  When I first got it, it had 32 GB of internal storage.  Now, it only has about 6 GB (don't know where the other 26 GB went) and most of it taken up with programs Amazon put on the thing that I didn't want, don't use, and can't remove, plus it's saying there are nearly 3 GB of storage taken up with files that aren't even there.  Plus, I'm currently reading a Kindle book that mysteriously deletes itself every few days and I have to download it again before I can continue reading it. I'm going to buy  a plain, no-frills, inexpensive tablet and putting the Kindle reading app on it.  
  2. A new pair of athletic shoes.  I'm getting back to workouts and all my shoes feel like I'm walking on a brick.  I've got one new pair, but I need one more to trade out with.
  3. Items for my apartment.  I need to pick up necessities like toilet paper and dishwasher tabs, and would like to purchase a few decorative items that I can't make myself. 

According to Trip Advisor here's a list of the top ten things to do in the US this summer-Chicago Architecture River Cruise, Skip the Line Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Tour, New York In A Day  guided sightseeing tour, Charleston's Old South Historic Horse and Carriage tour, Grand Canyon helicopter tour, Full day iconic sights of LA, Beverly Hills, Beaches and more, D.C. at Dusk guided night tour, Beneath the Streets Underground History tour (Seattle), New Orleans Swamp and Bayou Boat tour, Gangsters and Ghosts tour in Chicago...read more about each excursion in the link here. Of the ten attractions listed which do you find most appealing? Have you already experienced anything on this list? 

I've not experienced anything on this list, but I find the Charleston Old South Historic Horse and Carriage tour.  It sounds fascinating.

Besides home and work where do you spend the most time? 

In the car. 

Insert your own random thought here. 

In case you missed it:  

*My last Hodgepodge post, "New Season, New Chapter," is here.
*My latest Auntie's Workshop post "Finishing and Fixing II" is here.
*My latest 2021 Flip and Sip Reading Challenge review of Love Does  is here.
*My latest Five Minute Friday post "Broken" is here.

3 comments:

  1. I say I'm an optimistic realist! So you go for it! I have been wanting a new tablet, but feel like I should wait until mine dies...lol. But maybe I'll get one in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to giggle at your 'where you spend your time' answer. The car. Yep. If you live in an urban area, that's usually true. [beentheredonethat]

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right about Debbie Downers under the guise of realism ruining your cereal : ) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete