Wednesday, March 3, 2021

31 Drum Salute: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!

Is March coming in like a lion where you live? Aslan, Simba, Elsa, The Cowardly Lion...your favorite 'famous' lion? 

No, actually March has come in pretty tamely.  Here in Colorado, we've had some spring weather that's helped melt off the big (to me) snow we had last week. March is traditionally our snowiest month, however, our first week looks pretty nice. 

My favorite "famous" lion is this one:

And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof" (Revelation 5:5 KJV).

In what way do you 'march to the beat of your own drum'? 

In most ways, my life marches to the beat of a different drum.  I've never been readily accepted by "normal" society and I don't easily conform to mass trends, hysteria, or the cancel culture.  I agree with those who say we should think for ourselves, but am annoyed by those who say that only to mean that people should think for themselves only if it agrees with their line of thought. I do not conform to what society says I "should" be doing, voting, or possessing because of X-Y-Z demographic separator.  I'm in Colorado but continuing to live as much like a Southern Belle as I can. 

What item that you don't have already, would you most like to own? Any chance of that happening soon? 

Does my own house count as an item?  If so, there are not any indicators of that happening as of yet, but hey, you never know.  If not, here's a list of a few items I'd like to own.

  • A Cricut and everything that goes with it.
  • A Kerug coffee pot and everything that goes with it.
  • A surround sound system for my TV.
  • A more fashionable (and unscratched) pair of sunglasses that fit over a pair of glasses than my very old, damaged "maw-maw shades."  (See the pic in my bio on the right.)
  • A robe and slippers. Yes, it's two items, but they go together.
  • A custom built bicycle.  Even women's bikes are built for short legs and gorilla-long arms.  I'm short with long legs and average arms. I want a cruiser bike built to fit me.

It just depends on my budget whether I will ever have some of these things.  I know I moved into my apartment over three years ago, but I'm still slowly working on decorating it and collecting the things I would like to have while being careful not to overspend.

March is National Flour Month...are you a baker? Cookies-cakes-or pies...your favorite sweet treat to bake? What's the last non-sweet thing you made that called for flour? 

I do like to bake, especially at Christmas time.  Cakes, cookies, and breads are my favorites to bake.  The last non-sweet thing I made with flour was a dredge for chicken tenders.

There are 31 days in the month of March...where were you and what were you doing when you were 31? If you haven't hit that milestone yet, then tell us where you were and what you were doing 31 months ago? (if math is not your thing, that would be August 3, 2018).

I was in the midst of my preschool teaching career at age 31.  This was also the year before my father passed away.  Thirty-one months ago, I had been in Colorado nearly a year and settling in to my new place.

Insert your own random thought here. 

In the fall, I mentioned the need to replace my hoodie but not being able to find one I liked that zipped up.  After searching several websites and finding nothing but pullover hoodies, I went to CCU's bookstore and bought a warm zip up cardigan--essentially a hoodie with no hood.  I've got several hats, so not having a hood isn't a big problem.  I really like this new one and now I won't be going out in public with a torn, tattered hoodie that made me look homeless.

In case you're interested: 

* My latest Five Minute Friday Post, "Once," is here.
* My latest Auntie's Workshop post "Get 'er Done Art Challenge: Round Two, Phase Two" is here.
* My latest Simple Woman's Daybook post "A Better Normal" is here.
* My latest book review in my 2021 Flip and Sip Reading Challenge is here

No comments:

Post a Comment