Sunday, August 16, 2020

Summer Reading Program: The Simple Woman's Daybook

 If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

 
For Today: Sunday, August 16, 2020

Looking Out My Window ... More beauty from my surroundings.  
 
These are from outside the Women's Imaging Center in Aurora:
 



 
 
These are from a plant stand at King Soopers:
 

 
These flowers are on the corner of Wadsworth and West Virginia by the Belmar Library every year.  This is the first time the light stayed red long enough for me to get the shot.
 
 

I am Thinking...
  • I think this has been a week of thinking too much.  It's just one of those times when my mind is racing with so many things--mostly good, but some not so good--that it's hard to concentrate on any one thing.  

I am Thankful...
  • For real closure on a very painful part of my past.
  • For coffee.
  • For hugs.  Yes I hugged somebody this week.  FIGHT ME!
  • For my church finally being open to limited seating.  Today, I attended services at Colorado Community Church for the first time since early March.  It was glorious.
  • For a library that allows adults to participate in the summer reading program. 
Hey, we get prizes too.

From the Workshop... 

I'm working on the fifth Dollar Tree Challenge.  I'll let you know when it's finished.  

Last week, I talked about not knowing what baby blanket to make next.  I decided to do a familiar shell pattern.  It should work up quickly.  Maybe by the time I finish, I can chose a new pattern to try that speaks to me.

I had an epiphany when contemplating my next art challenge.  Clara and I were having our monthly Christmas crafting day and I also had a friend come over and join us.  We got to talking about artists and crafters we admire and how they brag about leaving so many projects undone.  Clara said, "I hate to leave so many projects undone."  Laughingly, I said, "I'm going to be a hypocrite and say that I don't either."  Why?  Because since I started crafting again, the ideas have been flying around like mosquitoes at a blood drive.  I've started way too many projects and not finished them. 

Yes, I know, bad Auntie.  

So, my next challenge is going to be finishing all my projects without starting anything new.  No, I haven't thought of a cutesy name for it yet.  I thought about calling it the Get 'er Done Art Challenge.  What do y'all think?

From Auntie's Test Kitchen... Nothing new this week.

I am Reading...
 
Never Give Up by Joyce Meyer
If I Had Lunch With C. S. Lewis by Alister McGrath

Favorite Quote(s) of the Week ...

"Don't stop short of knowing who you are, valuing who you are, and encouraging yourself to be and do everything God intends for you." - Joyce Meyer, Never Give Up, p. 26.

Now For Something Totally Different ...

Five Minute Friday Word of the Week:  Progress.


Rick Bragg explores whether the South will have a football season here.
 
 






Roll Tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment