Saturday, December 2, 2023

Day 10: Cattywampus Cooties [40 Days of Gratitude 2023]

Today, I'm grateful for:

  • #RollTide.  Enough said.
  • Wisdom.  I was supposed to spend the day crafting with a friend I haven't seen in months, but her husband came home with flu-like symptoms.  As much as I wanted to see my friend, wisdom said to stay out of the cootie zone.
  • I'm thankful that close enough is good enough.  As I've mentioned on my sister blog, I've joined a quilting group and have gotten absolutely hooked on the craft.  Though I've has many successes, the precise nature of quilting is still a bit of a frustration.  I'm working on a new pattern using an unfamiliar technique: snowballing a quilt block.  My first attempt was a bit cattywampus.  However, as I got more comfortable with the steps, I figured out that as long as the end result was squares that were close enough to the same size, I would be fine when the time comes to put them all together.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment