Saturday, November 25, 2023

Day 03: Risers for the Occassion [40 Days of Gratitude 2023]

Today, I'm grateful for:

 

  • Bed risers...but no for why you'd think.  Because our set up for quilt group is transitory and has to be taken down so that the rooms can be used for something else, the group uses several folding tables placed on bed risers.  While it sounds odd, using the risers under our cutting tables is a good ergonomic move.  Rotary cutters are best used while standing, so the top of the cutting surface should be counter height or better to lower or eliminate stress on the back.  Since I don't yet have a dedicated studio space, I decided to put this same type of inexpensive riser under my dining table for cutting fabric.
  • Roll Tide! That is all.
  • I'm grateful that there is no set time one must decorate for Christmas.  As much as it bugs me that people set up trees and play Christmas music before Thanksgiving, it's still their holiday celebration and they may celebrate however they wish.  Do I wish people wouldn't completely skip over Thanksgiving?  Sure, but again, that's their business. My personal tradition has been to start decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving.  Today is two days after, and I've only pulled my decorations from under my bed, but have not yet set up anything.  Why?  I'm not sure.  Am I tired?  Yes, but I've been resting.  Am I a little blue?  Sure, but it's winter with shorter days and more isolation, so working harder to stay emotionally healthy is to be expected.  But, there are no "decoration police" telling me I MUST decorate this weekend.  So, maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment