Sunday, August 9, 2020

Nerdy Nummies: Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

 
For Today: Sunday, August 9 , 2020

Looking Out My Window ... More beauty from my surroundings.  These pictures are from the flower beds around the medical building that houses my dentist.  Yes, I found beauty in the midst of a dental appointment.
 
 
I am Thinking...
  • I'm pondering the question as to whether people buy art based what the art looks like or what the artist looks like.
  • Thoughts of winter are riding me hard.  I want to enjoy summer and fall and deal with winter when it gets here.  I don't want to spend this season in dread.
  • I'm thinking about my church.  In trying to follow all the rules and guidelines, our church will resume live meetings next weekend with very limited reserved seating.  As I said in my Wednesday Hodgepodge, I was going to wait until we could come back in full force, but I need the fellowship now.  I'll try it once and see how it goes.  Psalm 122:1 (MSG) - When they said, "Let's go to the house of God," my heart leaped for joy.

I am Thankful...
  • For a brand new week to start over with.
  • For friends who care.
  • For the gift of creativity God has trusted me with.  May it always bless others and honor His Name.
  • For YouTube.


From the Workshop... 

Finished my fourth Dollar Tree Challenge.  Read about it here.

I'm thinking about what baby blanket to make next.  I was making patterns I'd saved earlier but never made, but none of the ones I've looked at seemed right or spoke to me.  I may have to make a couple of old favorites before I tackle something new.

From Auntie's Test Kitchen...
 
I bought myself a little something for the kitchen  to cheer myself up.  I enjoy watching Nerdy Nummies on YouTube and thought these were cute, plus they were very inexpensive.  They may not help my cooking any, but I'll smile while using them.
 
I am Reading...

If I Had Lunch With C. S. Lewis by Alister McGrath
Holy Scripture: A Dogmatic Sketch by John Webster
Theological Interpretation of Scripture by Stephen Fowl
Christian Apologetics by Douglas Groothuis

Completed volumes since my last Daybook:
The Bluebird and the Sparrow by Janette Oke (a reread)

Favorite Quote(s) of the Week ...

Psalm 119:88 (MSG) - In your great love revive me so I can alertly obey your every word.

Now For Something Totally Different ...

Five Minute Friday Word of the Week:  Progress.


+


No comments:

Post a Comment