Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Berry, Berry, Quite Contrary: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
Are you currently making plans of any kind? What kind? What emotions are associated with the planning process? Tell us about one plan you had to cancel due to the current situation which shall remain nameless. Ha!
  • I'm planning my meals and shopping list for next week.
  • I'm planning out art projects I want to start or finish.
  • Figuring out my fall study schedule.
  • Planning a painting party or two. 
  • Doing some budget planning.
  • I'm planning some other projects not formulated enough to share at this time.
I'm not sure what the correct emotions are supposed to be associated with the process.  Joy, of course.  Some of the planning feels overwhelming.  I'm not planning any extensive travel or anything.  My financial plan doesn't yet allow for any trips to Alabama.  Since my mother is in a nursing home and can't have visitors yet, there's no point in going right now anyway.

Last time you saw stars, either literally or figuratively?  I don't think I ever have.

Blueberries yay or nay? Blueberry pie, blueberry muffins, blueberry yogurt, blueberries by the handful...what's your pleasure?

Yes, I enjoy blueberries very much.  I use frozen blueberries in my smoothies.  I like to eat fresh blueberries in yogurt or cottage cheese.  I like to top pancakes with fresh fruit including blueberries.  I've had the blueberry muffin mix, but have yet to try making them with fresh berries (hmm..there's something to try).

Swim against the tide, swimming upstream, in the swim, sink or swim, makes your head swim...choose one of the 'swim' idioms listed and tell us how/why you relate?

I'd say "swim against the tide."  It's no secret that my worldview and mindset are not the norm. Just an FYI, please don't let the news (or anyone else) try to tell you what I think.  If you want to know what I think, ask me!

Sum up your June in a single sentence.  "It was the best of times; it was the worst of times, but it ain't football season yet."

Insert your own random thought here. 

In case you're interested:
* My latest Daybook is here.
* My latest Workshop post is here.
* My Auntie's Workshop summer card collection is here.  Note:  I am now accepting PayPal.  Contact me for details.

2 comments:

  1. That is so true. It is very frustrating when people try to tell you what you should think or presume that they know what you think. I'm naturally quiet so I don't think the people around me know what is my head most of the time! :)

    ReplyDelete