Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Baby Secret: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
The Hodgepodge lands this year on National Secret Keeping Day...on a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being I'm a blabbermouth and 10 being I'm a vault) how good are you at keeping secrets?

I'd say a nine.  I refuse to participate in deceit or keep a secret that is harmful.  However, secrets that keep someone from harm or bring pleasure in the keeping (surprise parties, etc.), I will keep a lock on.

I (Joyce) read here nine jobs for people who can keep a secret-cybersecurity worker, executive assistant, housekeeper, lawyer, nuclear plant technician, physician, private investigator, psychologist, security guard  Of the jobs listed, which one most interests you and why?

I've been an Administrative Assistant for years, so I understand why that one would be listed.  The only other one on the list that interests me is housekeeper.  My mother was a housekeeper.  In hearing from her experience, it's not just a cleaning job; it is an exercise in earning the trust of a family.  You have to be trustworthy enough for the family to be comfortable in letting you see the "non-Pinterest" side of their lives. They have to trust that you won't go around blabbing about everything you see or hear.  Why?  Because unless there is danger, illegal activity, or abuse within the home, it's really no one else's business.

What's the secret of life (or one of them anyway)?

"That’s the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone’s duty." - Ecclesiastes 12:13 NLT

Off the record, best-kept secret, a fly on the wall, top secret, my lips are sealed, secret shopper, as quiet as a mouse, poker face, spill the beans, open secret, bite your tongue...which secret idiom can you best relate to right now? Explain.

"Bite your tongue."  With all the asinine statements that are being flung around lately, it's hard not to lash out with biting remarks that "put people in their place" so to speak.  I know that's not my job, nor is it a loving reaction, but it is tempting.

After talking about the George Floyd incident and all the violence that's going on right now, someone followed up this discussion by saying that he didn't believe that the state of the world was getting worse, but better.  Are you kidding me?  That's the kind of crap that makes me want to bite my tongue so hard that blood comes out of my nose.

Spill here the secret ingredient in one of your favorite recipes?

Ha!  y'all have seen enough of my foiled cooking attempts to know that I don't have the capacity for secret ingredients.  I'm working hard enough with the "revealed" ingredients.

My (Joyce's) mama celebrates a big birthday tomorrow (Wednesday).  Share a favorite quote, song lyric, saying, or verse of scripture that will add some sunshine to her day (ours too!)

Happy birthday to your mama.  I hope she finds this funny. 

Insert your own random thought here. 

In case you're interested:
* My latest Five Minute Friday post is here.
* My latest Daybook is here.
* My latest Auntie's Workshop post is here.
* My Auntie's Workshop summer card collection is here.  Note:  I am now accepting PayPal.  Contact me for details.

6 comments: