Friday, September 6, 2019

Five Minute Friday: "Testimony"




How appropriate that this prompt comes right in the midst of what I was reading and pondering today.  This year I'm reading through Christine Caine's devotional Unshakable.  One of the passages I read today talked about how our walk and talk should match.  While that's nothing new, it is something I've had on my mind lately.

No, I am not living a life of blatant hypocrisy, however, certain things just aren't matching up.  My life is not the glowing example it should be to the world, or other Christ followers.  How can I convince anyone of how loving our Father is when my relationship with Him has become so distant?  How can I talk about what a wonderful provider our God is when I'm still struggling on a shoestring budget?  How can I pray for the healing power of Christ to touch someone when I still have sicknesses and diseases that I should have been rid of years ago?

Two things.

One, Romans 3:4 (KJV) says, "...let God be true, but every man a liar..."  Whether my life perfectly lines up to the standard or not, God's Word is always true.  God is perfect, therefore His Word is perfect.  I am an imperfect work in progress.  I'm growing, so getting my life up to par takes time.

Two, Revelation 12:11 says, "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony..."  The more I testify about what the Lord did for me in the past, the more my heart is open to Him providing what I need to overcome in the present and future.  The more I lean on the blood sacrifice of Christ (the Lamb), the more I can understand and receive what that sacrifice provides.

I've said it over and over again since coming to Colorado two years ago that God didn't bring me 1400 miles to fail.  I was doing just peachy at that in Alabama.  No, I believe that this is part of the growth process I needed.  Christ's light will shine through the testimony of what He's about to do.  I am asking God to make my life more "true to form," so that it doesn't look like a lie.  He's faithful and will do it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you for sharing such an open reflection. Don't we all need to become more 'true to form'. Great post, I appreciate it. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growth is hard, but you're totally right - HE is faithful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, but sometimes my slow growth gets on my own nerves.

      Delete