Sunday, January 21, 2018

Squirrelly Hospitality: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, January 21, 2018
 

Outside my window… The Denver area got several inches of snow last night.  It’s still coming down today.




I am thinking...

…about how I’m planning on decorating my apartment.  I already had ideas in my head, but that Turquoise Table book gave me even more incentive.  I’ve decided to start with the front door and work my way to the back.  The hard part is not to get in a hurry.  I’ve got plenty of time.

...about why I'm still so squirrelly.  I thought it was just because I don't have my wheels yet, but it's more than that.  I seem to be on stress overload for no reason and feel like I need to be doing something all the time.  I finally looked at one of those stress charts.  Well duh!  In the past 6 months I've moved three times, lived out of a suitcase, changed jobs, changed churches, working through body changes brought on by higher altitude, gone through the stress of losing pretty much everything I own and beginning the work to rebuild it, and am working through the process of trying to change routines and habits to suit my new status.  But I wonder why I'm as squirrelly as a pecan grove!  If I don't figure out how to relax and recharge soon, I'm going to plotz...and ain't nobody got time for that!
 
I am thankfulfor a caring Heavenly Father.
 
From the Workshop

Introducing the new logo for Auntie's Workshop
I've also been reformatting the site.
Take a gander when you have a chance.
More changes to come in the future.

Getting started on my decorating with this welcome sign for my front door.
I am reading

The Four Loves by C. S. Lewis
The Greatest Thing in the World and Other Addresses by Henry Drummond

Books I've finished since my last Daybook:
 
The Turquoise Table by Kristin Schell.  The review is here.
Talk To Me by Lynette Hagin.  The review is here.
The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence.  The review is here.
 
I am learning… 

  • How to use power point:  I've had the program for years and made a few worship slides for CR, but I've never really used it.  I had the pleasure of leading staff Bible Study on Wednesday, so I used Power Point as part of my lesson.  It was fun to learn, but finding a tutorial that started from scratch was close to impossible.  I ended up simply diving in and using search engines when I hit a snag.
  • I'm learning that if I want to know how much snow we receive in any given time, I'll have to go outside with a ruler and guestimate myself.  Back home, our meteorologists would tell us precipitation totals on the news (Thank you James Spann).  Surely, they get their information from somewhere.  However, when I go online to try to find out, the information is nowhere to be found.  Weird.
 Favorite quote(s) of the week

“[A big goal] is one of those that you know you’re going to have to work hard to get to, but you don’t have to find a unicorn to achieve it.” – Chris Hogan 

“I’m not broke.  I’m not even cracked.” – Jesse Duplantis
 
I am looking forward to
  • Getting my license converted to a Colorado state license this week...hopefully.
 And now for something totally different
 
Five Minute Friday words of the week:  Simplify and  Intentional.

No comments:

Post a Comment