Sunday, January 28, 2018

Proper Identification: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, January 28, 2018
 
 
Outside my window…a gorgeous sunset to match the spectacular sunrise I saw on my walk to the bus stop this morning.
 
I am thinking…about some of the ridiculous bureaucracy government agencies are forced to put you through.  I went to the DMV to transfer my driver's license.  I had all the pieces of identification they asked for.  HOWEVER, apparently the original birth certificate they gave my mother when I was born is not sufficient to prove I was born in Alabama, United States.  It was sufficient to get me in school, college, and to obtain an Alabama state driver's license, but Colorado was not having it.  Why?  because it didn't have a readable seal.  It's 45 years old!  Be happy you can read the type on it.  Anyway, now I have to send a form and $15.00 to the state of Alabama to order a new birth certificate, then go back to the DMV to finish the process.  I understand they are only doing their job, and the agents were very nice and apologized for having me go through all this.  I'm just a tad on the annoyed side, but I'll get over it.
 
I am thankful…for getting to see Annie and her family at lunch today. 
 
From the Workshop…Going to head out in the next week for some much needed supplies.  I hope to have my large project completed by my next Daybook to show you.
 
I am reading

The Four Loves by C. S. Lewis
The Greatest Thing in the World and Other Addresses by Henry Drummond
The Message: The Bible in Contemporary Language by Eugene Peterson
Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible by Matthew Henry
 
Those last two are long-term reading projects, so I'll let you know when I finish.

I am learning
  • Microsoft Publisher - I know these past two Daybooks makes it look like I've never used Microsoft Office.  However, the version of Office on my laptop doesn't have Publisher, plus my other jobs only needed me to use Word and Excel.  I have found that Publisher is a lot like other publishing programs I've used over the years, so the learning curve isn't that steep.

Favorite quote(s) of the week

"The day and night are the Lord's; let us use both to his honour, by working for him every day, and resting in him every night, meditating in his law both day and night." - Matthew Henry

Upon hearing my voice on the phone, my 11 year old grandniece, Kelviona says to her mother, "The voice sounds familiar.  I know it's someone from your side of the family for sure."

Little girl, I haven't been gone that long. 
 
 I am looking forward to
  • A new week.
  • Trying new recipes.
  • Turning my decorating ideas into reality.

And now for something totally different

 

Five Minute Friday word of the week:  Surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment