Friday, January 26, 2018

Five Minute Friday: "Surrender"




I Surrender All.
Never Surrender.
No retreat, no surrender.
Unconditional surrender.

Surrendering all to God can be scary.  Yet, if I have the revelation about how much Father God loves me, surrender is frighteningly beautiful.

On the other side of the coin, I also see the wrong kind of surrendered life where the word surrender is akin to the word succumb.  Succumbing to satanic attack, poverty, disease, or failure is not an option.  That surrender entails giving up without a fight, or even a whimper.  In fact, one of the definitions of succumb is to "fail to resist."

No thanks.

Having the life God designed for me is something worth not surrendering.  I will not fail to resist that which gets in the way of the Father's good plan for me.

4 comments:

  1. Visiting as your FMF neighbor. Having the life God designed for me is something worth not surrendering. My sentiments precisely. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you have distinguished surrender from succumb. And I agree--when we realize how much God loves us, surrender is beautiful. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete