Monday, June 10, 2013

Not Quite Mark Spitz: The Simple Woman's Daybook for Monday, June 10, 2013

Outside my window …  sunset and the happy face of my Shasta daisies.

I am thinking...
 about taking some advice I got from a friend about my job search. 

I am thankful...
for friends who are willing to share their knowledge with me.

In the kitchen...
 Nothing.  I’m hitting the sack early tonight.

I am wearing...
Swimsuit.

I am creating...
Still working on a baby blanket, a crocheted tank top, and painted flower pots.  Plus, I’m writing up a storm on my blog.

I am going... to take a shower, wash my hair and go to bed.

I am wondering... about how I’m going to stay awake long enough to do all I need to do before I go to bed.

I am reading... Nothing today.

I am hoping...
that Vacation Bible School goes well. 

I am looking forward to...
fall! 

I am learning… to swim properly.  My friend, Sue, is a great swimmer. She’s in her mid 60’s and has competed in the Master’s Games.  I tease her and call it the “Old Fogie Olympics.”  She offered to teach me proper swim techniques and I’m finally taking her up on it.  We had our first lesson today.  It went well.  Now all I need to do is practice, practice, practice. 

Around the house... Nothing.  I’m tired.

I am pondering...   on what kind of swim goggles I can wear.  I need to talk to my eye doctor.

A favorite quote for today... “Animals have two vital functions in today's society; to be delicious and to fit well.” - Greg Proops

One of my favorite things... my 30 day blog challenge asked about our favorite things.  My list is here.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  VBS and band practice tomorrow, may swim again on Wednesday.

A peek into my day...  I’ll talk about what happened to my swimsuit later.  I’m beat.  Good night, y’all.

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook (http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/) . Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back now, ya' hear. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment