Friday, October 4, 2024

First Line Friday #23: From Devastation to Restoration by Jerry Savelle


Thanks to Carrie at
Reading is My Superpower
for the Link-up


 
Title:  From Devastation to Restoration
Author:  Jerry Savelle
Genre: Faith / Christian Living

  〰First Line

─────────────────────────────────────────────────

When I was growing up, I was always the smallest boy in the class at my school.  Most of the girls were bigger than me.  From the first grade all the way through high school I was known as "Little Jerry."

 ─────────────────────────────────────────────────

Synopsis:  (From Amazon) 

Evangelist Jerry Savelle discusses the path of turning life's devastating situations into restorations.  (Sorry, but the synopsis on Goodreads wasn't any better.)

 〰First Thoughts

I've listened to sermons by Dr. Savelle for several years, but up until recently had not had the opportunity to read many of his written works.  Through his messages, I'd heard snippets of his life story.  Though this book is a brief snapshot of his life, I believe his story will still be compelling.  I'm interested in reading from someone who's been where I've been and has gone where I wish to go. I only know a small taste of the restoring power of God and wish to know and experience much more.
So, what's the first line of the book you're currently reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment