Saturday, December 30, 2023

Day 38: Quilting Retreat Day Three [40 Days of Gratitude 2023]

 

Today, I'm grateful for:

We were all tired by the end of the retreat today, but it was worth it.  By the time we
packed up to go home, five quilts has been finished, several were quilted and ready for
binding, and I only have nine squares left on my project (a total of 30 are required).
  It was a great experience and I hope we can do it again this summer.  The leaders are
 discussing going somewhere like Colorado Springs for our next retreat.


I am thankful that these were delivered today.  As many (if not all) of you know, I've
played bass guitar since I was 18 years old.  I haven't played consistently for about five years.
As much as I enjoy playing, it not being needed really bummed me out, so I've let my Dean Flying V sit in the stand for more than a year.  I've resolved that whether any other human being ever hears me
play again, I'm going to rebuild my chops and fill my bucket with the joy of playing consistently and
learning new songs and riffs again.

No comments:

Post a Comment