Friday, December 29, 2023

Day 37: Quilting Retreat Day Two [40 Days of Gratitude 2023]

 

 Today, I'm grateful for:

  • Today was day two of the quilting retreat.
It's great to know that as we work, we are also ready to help each other successfully complete their work.  We share the work on each quilt as well as sharing needed notions, answers to questions, 
advice, and the occasional rescue from thread snarls, broken needles, and ornery machines.

I usually don't know where my projects end up.  However, I was told where this 
particular piece was going.  After it is tied and the binding is added, the completed quilt
 will go to a young man who recently lost his mother.  I pray that it will not only
bring the needed warmth against the winter temperatures, but also the comfort
of the Holy Spirit as he grieves.

  • I'm thankful for some one-on-one time with Diana.  We met at G-Cue for lunch and strolled around Hobby Lobby for a bit.  How in the world I came out of there without a purchase is a mystery; I've got a gift card and everything.
  • I'm thankful that though I won't finish my quilt before the end of the retreat, I will have it all cut out and ready to sew by then.  For me, cutting is the hardest part.  All this practice has certainly improved my skills, but no matter how fastidious I am with measuring I still sometimes have to "make it fit."
  • I'm thankful for the book The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.  I finished rereading it today.  Although I didn't agree with everything the author said, the contents seemed to set the tone for the upcoming year.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment