Friday, December 15, 2023

Day 23: Party Favors [40 Days of Gratitude 2023]

 

Today, I'm grateful for:

  • Gift bags.  The perfect thing for those of us who wrap ugly presents otherwise.
  • White elephant gift exchanges done right.  I went to two Christmas parties today.  Both had their  own fun version of the white elephant concept.  They used the method of reading a fun story and having the group pass the presents to the left or right based on certain key words within the story.  When the stories finished, each participant kept the gift in front of them.  No arguments, no muss, no fuss.
  • The gifts I received at the parties:  a nice container of hot chocolate and a great set of sturdy stoneware soup bowls. 
  • The cool way my annual Christmas jewelry tradition came about.  Each year, I hunt for a new piece of holiday jewelry (usually earrings).  This year, a friend at the party brought new jewelry for us to pick from.  I found this sweet little pair of snowman earrings.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment